Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird snapshot behaviour - is something wrong with my Pod Go?

voxman55

Guys, I don't know if it's my lack of understanding with Pod Go or if something is wrong.

When I first selected snapshots and selected a snapshot, it switched back to patch mode.

When I rebooted, that behaviour stopped but now when I select snapshot eg No1 is lit and the rest are flashing. When I select each of the others whichever snapshot I select, there is no change to the tone. It was the same in v1.10 and v1.11. Surely at least some of the factory presets have snapshots built in? Have I got a dud or are they all supposed to be blank?

Just tried it again and now the flashing has stopped - all the snapshots 1,2,3,4 are now mysteriously 'solid', but still no sound changes. I'm concerned at this weird behaviour - something just doesn't seem right.

Can anyone clarify/help? Thanks

I don’t think it’s weird. The factory presets may or may not use snapshots. Build a preset of your own, set up some snapshots, and make sure the behaviour is as expected.

Also note that the switch behaviour depends on Global Settings. Check the manual.

I previously reset the switch behaviour back to factory (I hadn't changed anything) and that's when the snapshots stopped flashing.  Are any/all of the factory presets supposed to have snapshots pre-set?  What did yours have @silverhead?

Update: I think these are working OK - I've sussed what the global settings do, and when I change parameters, switch fx on off within a snap shot these do change.  i will spend some serious time with it over the weekend.  It does seem that all the snapshots are blank at outset - I've certainly not yet found any pre-set snapshots in any factory patch.  I'm assuming that's how it's supposed to be, unless anyone knows different?

The factory presets generally do not use snapshots. Some may, just to illustrate the concept, but I haven’t done a review  for this.

If a factory preset uses snapshots it will probably have some defined snapshot names, other than Snapshot 1, 2, 3, or 4.

11 hours ago, silverhead said:

The factory presets generally do not use snapshots. Some may, just to illustrate the concept, but I haven’t done a review  for this.

If a factory preset uses snapshots it will probably have some defined snapshot names, other than Snapshot 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Unfortunately not @silverheadSnapshots can't currently be named in Pod Go.