Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Control helix native with Pod Go help please

rsvette12

Hi Guys:

Going crazy here cant get Pod to assign any switches or expression pedal in daw (cakewalk bandlab) to control snapshots and volume in helix native - looked everywhere for help but no luck

Downloaded midi-ox buttons showed they were working but not expression pedal - now midi-ox shows nothing working - not very good at this stuff any help would be much appreciated - thanks 

9 minutes ago, spaceatl said:

are you up to date on firmware?

Yes why ?

Also noticed in midi-ox that snapshot mode doesnt send midi - out of snapshot mode it does 

Well if one was to try and change a snapshot in helix native in daw you would hit a button and it would turn on an effect in pod go - going to try it with studio one in a bit but thinking its going to be pretty involved to get pod go to change my snapshots in daw - only want it to do that an expression pedals :( 

Going to ask Line6 support also

Just checking is all. I use Helix Native 100% post and have not tried wiring up midi. That is interesting. seems like there should be some sort of midi data on snapshots....maybe that could come in an update. You should definitely contact them.

I was under the impression that the only MIDI data the POD Go sent was PC messages when changing presets. I don’t believe there are MIDI messages sent in Stomp or Snapshot Mode or by the expression pedal.

3 minutes ago, phil_m said:

I was under the impression that the only MIDI data the POD Go sent was PC messages when changing presets. I don’t believe there are MIDI messages sent in Stomp or Snapshot Mode or by the expression pedal.

Well thats not good - bought a middi commander but thats not quite working out pretty limited any suggestions for a usb midi device that would work ? thanks much

debating that thanks a lot involved with that one to get it working doesnt come with software not really in the mood for that - Ill figure it out - pod manual says it does midi on page 38 / 39 so not sure why they even proposed it in manual

36 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

debating that thanks a lot involved with that one to get it working doesnt come with software not really in the mood for that - Ill figure it out - pod manual says it does midi on page 38 / 39 so not sure why they even proposed it in manual

Those are the MIDI over USB messages the POD Go will respond to, not ones it sends.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Those are the MIDI over USB messages the POD Go will respond to, not ones it sends.

Thank you much Phil I really suc at this midi crap - all I want to do is change snapshot have a wah and volume in helix native in daw - cant believe its this hard pod is useless to me other than it is a great interface

3 minutes ago, spaceatl said:

Thansk Pal have to look into that software need a front end program for sure I got rigkontrol 3 to work before with helix native but thats also a audio interface and dont want to go that route going to use the pod for that - seems rock solid no pops and noises

3 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Thansk Pal have to look into that software need a front end program for sure I got rigkontrol 3 to work before with helix native but thats also a audio interface and dont want to go that route going to use the pod for that - seems rock solid no pops and noises

You're most welcome. I think there are few other software packages out there...That thing has been around forever. You would need a midi interface for it I think.

Have you thought about Helix LT? I don't have one but I think the integration with Native is a bit better...More midi control too.

1 minute ago, spaceatl said:

You're most welcome. I think there are few other software packages out there...That thing has been around forever. You would need a midi interface for it I think.

Have you thought about Helix LT? I don't have one but I think the integration with Native is a bit better...More midi control too.

I just sold my LT going cheaper road put a lot of money into a bass boat so the bills were plying up - see what I can do with the midi commander some more - works good for positive - amplitude etc. but part of the problem is native is not standalone which is a pia