Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What Should I Expect From The Dt25 Head?

RNRage

There really is no comparison... there is just so much you can do with the two of them linked and working together.  And having only the one cable to connect is a breeze.  Did you order a DMX cable or XLR cable?

I'm sure your Mesa was awesome but you're gonna love the DT.

My dt25 head got stolen 2 weeks ago, and for a change i bought a 2nd hand 3 channel all tube head by brunetti, (xl r-evo 2) i realy loved the dt25, but to be honest i am amazed by the tone i get now with this amp and the hd500x in 4cm, 4 example the tubedriver, screamer, and line6 drive through the clean channel sounds totaly awesome, as i could not get hem to sound nearly as good through the clean amp models (fenders)with the hd500 -l6 link -dt25 i mainly used higher gain amps for dirty stuff. I do mis the negative feedback topology's the dt offers and class A / AB switch.

Yes The dt25 is a awesome little amp if you go for versatility you can't go wrong with it.

I didn't order a DMX Cable.. Should I? They're supposedly quieter, just read about em. I loved my Mesa, but I just didn't use it anymore. It has been sitting (more or less) idle for the past year.. Turning it on every once and a while to make sure everything worked and whatnot. My JCM 800 is up for sale too. Haven't played that more than a handful of times since I bought it. Planned on buying a pair of empty 2x12 cabs for the studio as I have at least a dozen speakers sitting around and a 1x12 for gigging.

There really is no comparison... there is just so much you can do with the two of them linked and working together.  And having only the one cable to connect is a breeze.  Did you order a DMX cable or XLR cable?

I'm sure your Mesa was awesome but you're gonna love the DT.

I didn't order a DMX Cable.. Should I? They're supposedly quieter, just read about em. I loved my Mesa, but I just didn't use it anymore. It has been sitting (more or less) idle for the past year.. Turning it on every once and a while to make sure everything worked and whatnot. My JCM 800 is up for sale too. Haven't played that more than a handful of times since I bought it. Planned on buying a pair of empty 2x12 cabs for the studio as I have at least a dozen speakers sitting around and a 1x12 for gigging.

I would get a DMX or AES/EBU cable.  Quieter over longer runs (over 20ft. is a good starting point).  

The 500x won't be any further from the DT25 than maybe 10 feet away, tops. I gig bars and coffee houses.. Couple outdoor gigs a year. Nothing too crazy.

I would get a DMX or AES/EBU cable.  Quieter over longer runs (over 20ft. is a good starting point).  

The 500x won't be any further from the DT25 than maybe 10 feet away, tops. I gig bars and coffee houses.. Couple outdoor gigs a year. Nothing too crazy.

Then it shouldn't really matter for your application.  I would still get one though.  The POD transmits a digital signal to the DT, so my thinking is to use a digital cable anyway.  

I won't worry much about it then, as I make all of my own cables anyway. It's been quite a few years since I had to buy a cable because one needed to be replaced, lol. I can't wait till it comes in. It shipped this morning. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Have been considering a Variax, as well.. But literally all I'd use are the Strat sounds and maybe an acoustic sound. Made the choice to load my Strat with a Piezo pickup instead.