Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Inbuilt Expression Pedal "double-use"

GeorgeMavrogenis

Hello! I would like to replace my pedalboard with either a Pod Go or a Helix LT, but first I would like to make sure that I can achieve the same setup that I use now with the Pod Go's/ Helix LT's inbuilt expression pedal. On my pedalboard I am using a wah pedal which is always on and mostly parked on treble and also a delay pedal with a connected expression pedal that controls the repeats=feedback. My specific questions regarding the Pod Go and/or the Helix LT are:

1) Can I assign the inbuilt expression pedal to control the repeats of a tape delay?

2) If yes, can I simultaneously have a wah pedal that is permanently on full treble without controlling it through the expression pedal?

3) If yes, could I also control the wah with the same (NOT an additional one) expression pedal by switching presets mid-song and thus effectively use the inbuilt expression pedal for both delay and wah?

You can do everything with knowledge and programming. I use the expression pedal for 3 things on the same preset. It always send midi CC 11 to control my external whammy who is hidden in my roadcase. I use it to control wah and volume that can alternate with toe switch. You can assign almost any parameter almost anywhere.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMavrogenis said:

Hello! I would like to replace my pedalboard with either a Pod Go or a Helix LT, but first I would like to make sure that I can achieve the same setup that I use now with the Pod Go's/ Helix LT's inbuilt expression pedal. On my pedalboard I am using a wah pedal which is always on and mostly parked on treble and also a delay pedal with a connected expression pedal that controls the repeats=feedback. My specific questions regarding the Pod Go and/or the Helix LT are:

1) Can I assign the inbuilt expression pedal to control the repeats of a tape delay?

2) If yes, can I simultaneously have a wah pedal that is permanently on full treble without controlling it through the expression pedal?

3) If yes, could I also control the wah with the same (NOT an additional one) expression pedal by switching presets mid-song and thus effectively use the inbuilt expression pedal for both delay and wah?

1) Yes

2) Yes. You can completely disengage the Wah Block from the Expression Pedal and use the pedal for other things..

3) The Expression Pedal can control whatever you want in different presets, it's not Global.

Though depending on your pedalboard size now (and budget!), it would be wiser to get the LT because the pod go restricts you a little.

Pod go 

1. volume locked

2. wah locked

3.                   maybe a distortion

4.                   maybe a chorus

5. Amp locked

6.                   maybe reverb

7.                   maybe delay

8. eq locked

It's a little tight... not a lot of flexibility 

and the both can do what you want with the expression pedal