Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Seeking Reliable, Compatible Power Supply

bobcrosley

I recently bought a POD Go and am really enjoying it. But there are two places I use it in the house (family room with my FRFR speaker, and office with my computer and monitors for editing, etc.) and would love to have an extra power adapter to put in the other spot, and maybe one to keep in my gig bag as a backup. 

The official power supply costs $50, which is a little steep to grab 2 more. I know this is the same power supply used in the rest of the POD line. There are a ton of alternatives out there that are much more affordable, but I want to get a good one.

Any 3rd party power supplies that you've found work well and are reliable?

Thanks.

I'd also like to find a heavier duty PSU with a longer lead that is compatible. The thin lead in the stock PSU is just too flimsy for gigging. 

@Digital_Igloo is there any guidance you can help with here e.g. the min spec we need to check to ensure a third party PSU is safe to use with Pod Go. Any specific recommendations would be very helpful.

Any new ideas on this topic?

I found an interesting summary on different power supplies for line 6 products, maybe it is useful: 

From my understanding for PodGo every power supply  9V DC 3000mA with 2mm Pin size (center negative) should work. But I was also not able to find a more "heavy duty" thing with more reliable cable.

• Like 1

Thanks for those specs. I've found a number that technically meet the specs. Some of them are quite cheap in price. But was hoping to find someone who had experience with an aftermarket supply and could give a good recommendation that it worked well, was reliable and hadn't caused problems.

• 2 months later...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LINE-6-POD-GO-MULTI-EFFECTS-PEDAL-9V-3A-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTER-REPLACEMENT-UK/164036024339?hash=item26314f1813:g:V~MAAOSwvx1bqlj-

I've just been looking at these on ebay - has anyone used one yet? I like the fact it has an in-line plug rather than a 90 degree one, and the wire does look a bit stronger than the OEM one, which I agree is too short and too flimsy

• 2 months later...