Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is There A Preset List For A Spider 4

sandysinger3

• 1 month later...

It would be common sense to include a real owners manual when you sell something that has this many different capabilities. The "Pilot's Handbook" is such a joke, I can't believe it. I'm pretty sure that I already know what a knob and a plug looks like by now?? 500 presets onboard and you have to go print a list and a manual that amounts to about  50 pages of information so you have any idea where to start??? WTF!!  Even then, the list provided forgets to mention which guitar the Artist or Song would have used. Seems short-sighted when you most likely would be using one of Line 6's modeling guitars also.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

How many people out there printed out a manual first thing????

I know I did.

How many people would have found a manual, or a preset list a very usable item???

I know I would have.

How many people don't run around with a computer stuck up their A** all the time???

I know I don't.

How many people are there that DON'T like the fact that Line 6 doesn't supply manuals with their products???

I know I don't.

How many people would have found a list of the guitars used on the presets useful?

I know I would have.

How many people like NOT being able to express their own opinion on this "Open Forum" site???

I know I don't.

How many people are sorry that they ever posted anything here?????

I know of one for sure.....

Chuckster

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

Right,I looked at the link with the full artist list and the list is all abbreviated.

I think they need to be more specific with artist and song that tone is used on.

Having problems with abbreviations

Right,I looked at the link with the full artist list and the list is all abbreviated.

I think they need to be more specific with artist and song that tone is used on.

Having problems with abbreviations

Any specific questions?  The presets list is accurate - these are the artist-preset or osng preset names that appear on the LCD on the amp.

I think my problem is that a lot of the artists presets in the spider 4 are not familiar to me as I am not that knowlegable  of modern rock genres.If they had firmware update full off 60s,70s,and 80s presets only,that would be more my thing.

I can,t believe they never put a Tony Iommi preset on the amp!The master of metal does,nt even get his own preset...tut tut!

Guess I shall just have to clone an Iommi sound and get it up on customtone at some point :)

I do have 1 on custometone based on guitarist Jake E Lee of ex Ozzy Osbourne,very 80s metal indeed .

Yeah,i have used the crazy train preset .Most of the time I make my own patches or start with a preset and tweak it.

Im using a aria pro 2 madaxe,its a strat type guitar so as you would expect from strats,its a bright guitar but a little tweaking always helps.Add a little bottom end and pull the mids back a little for that metal sound :)