Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO footswitch customization options

Tdude848

Greetings friends.

I have had this little unit for about a week now and am almost done learning all of the tricks and possibilities it has and can do and am loving it. I'm surprised how well done the interface and usability is with this thing. They weren't kidding when advertising it as 'Ridiculously easy to use'. However I noticed some room for improvement regarding the footswitches in stomp mode. To cut right to the chase - I'd love to be able to edit and change the color of the 'footswitch LED'/'stompbox in the LCD' as well as have the option to rename the block to whatever I desire
Why you might ask? Well if you assign and merge a few blocks into one switch it just reads 'MULTIPLE (2)' or whatever number of stompboxes or parameters you assign to that footswitch. The color also becomes white. While it's all fine and dandy with one, what if I'd want to do that with all six footswitches? Then I'd have six almost identical looking switches. And what if I do that with all of the available presets? It would be quite difficult to remember what is where after a while. A combination of a color and some text would make life a lot easier.

This is not a rant or anything, the unit is quite versatile as it is and this isn't a huge issue, It's just my two cents which might be interesting to a lot of other people as well.

So regardless of the possibility of Line6 implementing something like that with a firmware update in some distant future, the point of this topic is this: How do I even get this idea to their developer team for at least a consideration?

Hi @Tdude848 I think you're talking about snapshots (a preset within a preset) rather than patch presets. And yes, the ability to name snapshots instead of just seeing 1 to 4 is something a lot of folk including me have asked for. Hadn't really thought about the led colour but an 8 character limited naming facility for snapshots in say 20 patches shouldnt have an impact on DSP and would be very helpful for gigging and be appreciated by a lot of users. I think Helix allows snapshot naming but it's a big jump in price, size and weight.

Hey! Yes I am aware of the snapshots and their numbering but I actually meant the text in stomp mode where it names the stompbox or parameter you're controlling. Let's say delay pedal. It's green and has a name and you know what it does. But if you merge let's say a delay and a reverb pedals into one footswitch, then that block gets named as 'MUULTIPLE (2)' and becomes white in color. So with one press you activate two pedals without needing to go into snapshot select screen. That's one less press to do. And you can't customize that which is such a shame. This is an addition besides the snapshots.

So yeah, I hope I'm being clear. And the main goal of the topic still stands. How to give line6 pod go devs the proposal?

Ah, I see. Sorry @Tdude848, I didn't know you could merge 2 (or more?) pedals into a single footswitch. This is probably not something Line 6 is going to be able to change, at least in the near future but although not a perfect solution I wonder if the following might help to give you a bit more flexibility.

If you have a couple of favourite multi pedal settings e.g. reverb and delay or modulation and compressor, you could add 2 external pedals in F7 and F8 and label them as a specific easily identifiable location for 2 of your favourite multi pedal mixes. Assuming you choose switches with an led you could even change the led colour in one...And a simple way might be to put coloured cellophane on top of one led so you don't even have to physically change the led itself. 

(I've just added a couple of footswitches myself that I already had for F7 and F8)

On 6/27/2020 at 9:07 PM, Tdude848 said:

I'd love to be able to edit and change the color of the 'footswitch LED'/'stompbox in the LCD'

Being colour blind, this is something I'd love to see in a future update.  My most frequent changes are boosts/distortions and delays and to be able to make these easier to see would be very helpful.  For example, I sometimes struggle to differentiate between reds and oranges and greens and yellows.  If I could change the distortion block to blue and the delay block to white for example, it would be easier to spot at a glance in a live situation.

YES!!! Just stumbled onto this thread looking for a way to customize the "Multiple(2)" foot switch colors and names.

My setup, as well as the other 2 people in my circle who own this awesome pedal, utilizes the ability to control multiple parameters in stomp box mode as a way to get around the limitation that is the number of pedals. So our presets regularly say "Multiple(2)" on several footswitches, and are then colored to white.

I personally wouldn't even change the default colors of the pedals. That's not what I'm asking for. I've been with Line 6 for years and years and years. This color scheme is engrained into my brain, and I love it. Haha. It just makes sense to me. 

If this pedal just had these few changes, allowing just a little more customization in how the multiple parameter switches are named and colored, it would be perfect.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:30 AM, isaacbaker said:

YES!!! Just stumbled onto this thread looking for a way to customize the "Multiple(2)" foot switch colors and names.

My setup, as well as the other 2 people in my circle who own this awesome pedal, utilizes the ability to control multiple parameters in stomp box mode as a way to get around the limitation that is the number of pedals. So our presets regularly say "Multiple(2)" on several footswitches, and are then colored to white.

I personally wouldn't even change the default colors of the pedals. That's not what I'm asking for. I've been with Line 6 for years and years and years. This color scheme is engrained into my brain, and I love it. Haha. It just makes sense to me. 

If this pedal just had these few changes, allowing just a little more customization in how the multiple parameter switches are named and colored, it would be perfect.

Yes. Exactly my point. So back to the topic at hand. How to reach the right people with this information?

Even if they replied with a negative answer, at least we knew we tried to make the product a little more versatile and appealing.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The feature of allowing parameter changes instead of bypass usage for a foot switch is super useful!
The fact that you can't label the foot switch - or change it's color - makes this feature not usable if you do this with more than one block in a preset!
I sure hope they address this issue!

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 1:49 AM, jklookk said:

Not sure if you know when this was added, but in the windows editor, go to the stomp pedal view, hover over a footswitch, click the three dots and you can rename it or choose a different color. 

This was added in v1.30, ditto snap shot naming & switch colour options.