Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to use POD Go with my audio interface?

tagomago1979

Hi there

I have a Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio interface that I use for my PC WIN10. I just bought the POD Go and I can't use that interface as a audio output for the PC AND the POD Go.

I can use the POD go as a replacement, using it just as a soundcard, but it is a bit annoying changing configuration everytime I take the POD GO to another place.

What I'd like to do:

- Using the guitar input of the POD Go.

- Having it connected via USB to my PC.

- Using my existing audio interface as the audio output for the POD Go and everything else.

When I select my audio interface as audio out in WIN10 there is no sound of the POD Go coming out.

What to do?

What you are experiencing is normal and due to the technical specification of the ASIO protocol which is used by Line 6 and and many other audio devices and programs. Under ASIO there can be only one audio device in use at a time, by either your PC or your DAW, and it must be both the audio input and output device. So you can’t use the POD Go as input and your other audio interface as output.

You have a choice: either continue to use your other audio interface and connect the POD Go’s audio outputs to its inputs (I.e. no POD Go USB connection), or remove your other audio interface from the setup and use the POD Go as the audio interface device, for both input and output. In this case you would connect your speakers/headphones to the Pod Go outputs.

Another strategy that some people use, which I do not recommend, is using a non-ASIO, or pseudo-ASIO, driver that supports different audio input and output devices. A popular one seems to be ASIO4ALL. However, since it is not a true ASIO driver it is not supported by Line 6 for use with its devices, and is known to lead to unpredictable problems depending on the PC environment in which it is being used.

• 1 year later...

Sorry my question was if you used the pod go with the audio interface to run the daw (Ableton) could you still use the USB connection to run the pod edit? Therefore eliminating the need to switch back-and-forth. While still having control of the pod go with the edit software.

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, silverhead said:

Yes, you can use the USB connection to run both a DAW (recording program) and Pod GO Edit simultaneously.

When I use the Main output of my Pod Go into my Focusrite interface AND have USB connected so I can use Pod Edit at the same time, I get a terrible buzz (ground loop?). Is there a way to fix that?