Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset List

TriMagneto

I've not seen one either.  I was also hoping to find a central storage somewhere that hold all the Pod Go factory presets so if you accidentally wipe one you like you can add it back. Although you can create a full backup with Pod Go it's an all or nothing backup and (as far as I can see) you can't just copy back over individual presets. 

There is no official repository of factory presets for most (all?) Line 6 devices including POD Go.

However you can use Pod Go Edit File menu to export and import both setlists and presets. You can also simply drag /drop individual presets to export and import them. So you can make your own backups at any time.

For instance you can create a copy of all Factory presets in a single operation by selecting them all in the editor and then drag/drop the entire selection into a folder on your computer. There's your preset list.

So, I've accidentally altered and saved settings to a tie your mother down factory preset. I have made 2 full backups from when I upgraded to v1.10 and v1.1 but I don't want to completely replace all other patches, some of which I've tweaked. As far as I can see, I can't access and copy over one patch from the backup, which I thought I'd be able to do. 

You’re correct - a system backup does not support restoration of individual presets. If you know which presets you have edited you can back them up individually to your computer, restore the system backup, then replace the old versions of those presets with the edited versions.

(Note: at some point it may be worthwhile to perform a factory reset and make backup copies of all factory presets for potential future reference.)

So what's the fastest way to backup everything but in a way that I can access any patch separately?  I could then reload the complete factory presets backup I made, then save these as individually selectable backups, then reload back in my current version. 

To be able to restore individual presets you need to back them up as individual presets. You can also save individual setlists, but you can’t restore individual presets from a saved setlist. There three levels of save/backup capabilities: presets, setlists, and system (including global settings). You can’t mix and match presets and setlist but I believe you can choose which setlists you want to restore from a system backup (at least you can in Helix; not sure about POD Go).

As described earlier, you can save multiple, or all, presets in a setlist in a single operation and then you’ll have them as individual presets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 12:37 AM, silverhead said:

To be able to restore individual presets you need to back them up as individual presets. You can also save individual setlists, but you can’t restore individual presets from a saved setlist. There three levels of save/backup capabilities: presets, setlists, and system (including global settings). You can’t mix and match presets and setlist but I believe you can choose which setlists you want to restore from a system backup (at least you can in Helix; not sure about POD Go).

As described earlier, you can save multiple, or all, presets in a setlist in a single operation and then you’ll have them as individual presets.

Thanks for that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a very clumsy system. The editor software of my Vox Tonelab is much easier. If you do a full backup you can access any preset to cut, paste, copy or tweak it...even off line. So I can load patches and back ups and move patches around easily without  even having to connect my Tonelab. I don't understand why Pod Go Edit forces you to connect Pod Go before you can do anything, and why it doesnt save backups as a collection of individual patches. Its such a long hard tedious process if you wanted to save every patch as an individual patch.  Surely the software could give an option to do this even if it took a while to backup...even if it took half an hour you could just leave it. Nuts way of doing things.

• 3 months later...

I spent some 15 hours to produce a preset list for Pod GO bank by bank
;-)

Each Preset with all 10 "models"
activated models are in bold, deactivated normal fonts

I found useful to have the Amps real names under the preset name.
Feel free to complement further information oder modify.

Line6: I d accept a Helix as a payment ;-)

.... or a crate of beer ;-) ;-)

Line6 Pod Go Presets.xlsx

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I missed a preset list, that does not only show names of 128 presets, but - what is more useful - shows 

for each preset:

a) 1xAmp Models used

b) 1x Cabs/IRs used

c) 8x effects/effectsloop/volume/wah used: 

- at which place in chain

- switched on/off

I found no other way of achieving this, than writing it down manually.

If you have a better and easier way please tell me...

I d be glad if I did the work in vain, but fear, this was the only way...

Thanks a lot

Andy

I spent some 15 hours to produce a preset list for Pod GO bank by bank

Wow... Crazy!

On 6/28/2020 at 7:37 PM, silverhead said:

Btw, for exporting/importing single, the format for exporting all the presets vs single is very likely the same, so by opening the file in a text editor, you'd be able to find the preset you're interested and simply copy the block to a single file. 

Yeah, a patch (.pgp) is in JSON format, so 99% sure the full export also is, so if you take a single patch export, replace its content with the patch you're interested in, you could likely import a single patch from the complete setlist.  **To Be Confirmed!**  If it's the 1% and they chose to use a different format for the 'setlist', then it would not work; but highly unlikely as it would have doubled the programming work by creating 2 import types..  JSON format is simple, plus there are guides & json validators online.