Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO to Marshall Tube Amp

siddharthsinha

Under Global Settings>Ins/Outs>Amp Out Source, you can set the Amp Out to be “Main Out”, which copies the tone coming from the main outs, or “Pre Cab/IR”, which taps off a signal right before cab/IR block. So if you’re not hearing any cab modeling, it’s would be set to “Cab/IR”.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phil_m said:

Under Global Settings>Ins/Outs>Amp Out Source, you can set the Amp Out to be “Main Out”, which copies the tone coming from the main outs, or “Pre Cab/IR”, which taps off a signal right before cab/IR block. So if you’re not hearing any cab modeling, it’s would be set to “Cab/IR”.

yeah - I did set it to "Pre cab/IR" - but then is is the marshall cabinet not supposed to act as a powered cabinet if I am connecting through the FX return in the tube?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Huskerspheres said:

Looking for same info.  In very simple terms, how to use the Pod go with a traditional tube amp/cab basically as an effects unit?  How to best set that up?  Thanks.

4 cable method, all explained in the Pod Go manual.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:48 PM, siddharthsinha said:

I connected the POD Go the the fx return of a marshall tube amp (connected to a cab speaker) via the AMP OUT in POD GO. The result was horrible! sounded as though there was no cab modelling at all!

Any tips??

On 7/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, Huskerspheres said:

Looking for same info.  In very simple terms, how to use the Pod go with a traditional tube amp/cab basically as an effects unit?  How to best set that up?  Thanks.

On 6/29/2020 at 6:45 PM, siddharthsinha said:

yeah - I did set it to "Pre cab/IR" - but then is is the marshall cabinet not supposed to act as a powered cabinet if I am connecting through the FX return in the tube?

Well that's your problem, you don't want to set it to "Pre cab/IR", if you do, you bypass the cab emulation as well as any effects after the cab.  You want to set it to "main out" if you're going to use Go's "amp out" to the "FX return" of your Marshall.

And as mentioned, yeah go 4 cable method is best method!