Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to set up Helix Floor/LT to use a stomp box to a combo amp

kingstownsoul2

Hello,

I am wondering how I would set up some patches in the Helix LT to be used just as effects pedals to be used with a combo amp?  Just remove the cab and and amp sims?  I'm using a Princeton Reverb among others, and I like the sound of it by itself without coloring it by use of IRs, virtual amps and cabs.

Thanks in advance,

Mike McWilliams

Yes, just remove the amps and cab/IRs from the HeLix LT preset. If your amp has an FX Loop you can use the 4CM connection method to have the flexibility of placing your LT FX before or after your amp’s preamp section.

I believe the Princeton reverb does not have an effects loop (I might be wrong here). In that case it is fairly simple. Guitar goes into to Helix input and take the mono 1/4 inch out to the front of the amp. Line your effects as you like and then you should be good to go. You could also experiment with the preamps on the helix for some really cool distorted tones (if you need them). 

3 hours ago, fenderbenderlax said:

I believe the Princeton reverb does not have an effects loop (I might be wrong here). In that case it is fairly simple. Guitar goes into to Helix input and take the mono 1/4 inch out to the front of the amp. Line your effects as you like and then you should be good to go. You could also experiment with the preamps on the helix for some really cool distorted tones (if you need them). 

Thanks guys,  I'll copy some patches over to another bank and experiment with it to see how it sounds.