Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird EXP pedals behaviour

musicjuice

Hi.

I'm using HX FX (latest FW) and two Ernie Ball VP Jr as EXP pedals, first one is volume (assigned to a volume pedal block just before delays and revs) second one is trem/vibe/rotary speed in corresponding fx blocks.

Both pedals are connected using the output of the pedals, as explained in manuals and forums.

Everything works, but volume pedal doesn't reach perfect zero unless the second exp pedal is turned all the way down!

What has the second pedal to do with the first?

They are not connected in any way...

I believe volume exp pedal should operate regardless of how the second pedal is positioned, if it's all the way down, all the way up or any position in between, right?

Any suggestions?

H

2 minutes ago, enjalt said:

Maybe check "Controller assign section" and verify the min values if they're correctly set at 0. Or check too if you don't have two volume parameters set by error

Hi and thanks for replying.

Yes, values are set at 0 and 100, and the pedal assigned to volume block goes correctly 0 to 100 if connected alone.

As soon as I connect the second pedal it goes 2% to 100%.

It only comes back to 0 if the second pedal is also in heel position.

And there's no other controller assigned to volume.

I checked the pots, it's actually pedal one 50k and pedal two 250, maybe it's those values?

Can't really figure out how come that they interact with each other... 

I've just made a test:

made a new empty preset, selected just one volume block, assigned pedal 1 to it.

no other blocks in the preset.

pedal 1 (volume) goes 0 to 100 only if pedal 2 (not assigned to anything) is in heel position.

if I put in in toe position,  pedal 1 goes 2% to 100%... 

Maybe just some compatibility problem with your pedals .

I may be wrong but i've already seen some topics or posts about compatibility problems with certain brands of equipment

12 hours ago, themetallikid said:

does it do the same if you reverse which pedal is in 1 vs. 2?

yes, even if I mix up 1 exp and 1 volume pedal, or two exp for that matter.

just using two pedals, 1 as exp and one as vol (regardless they are volume pedals or exp pedals) shows to issue.

Interesting, so you have two different versions of the Ernie Ball VP. The 250k version and the 50k. Curious if it would behave differently if both versions had the same rating. Wouldn't hurt to test with another expression pedal against the two you have to see if the same behavior is exhibited.

Have you tried swapping the expression pedal cables out with others or even with each other? Does it make any difference if you plug the cables in after power up versus before?

Have you checked the setting for the global setting's 'EXP Pedals' --> 'EXP 1/2 Polarity'?  Are both pedals set the same way? Does it make any difference what you have the global settings 'EXP Pedals' -->'EXP 1/2 Pedal Position' set to? Just trying to get an idea if any settings impact this behavior. 

Doesn't seem like this issue is having a major impact but I would open a ticket with Line6 if you can't get this resolved.