Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi FX100 output level

bobus

Hi folks,

A couple of months ago I got a used FX100, connected it to my amp and messed with it a bit. And left it there for lack of time. Yesterday I was stunned to find that, connected to the same amp/guitar  with the same settings, it is barely audible. I'm scratching my head wondering what may have caused this, can I be so wrong about how I remembered it to sound?

I remember setting the "red" knob to 20% and getting a big sound in the room. At 50% it would bring the neighbors over. Now at 20% I can hear the acoustic sound of the instrument louder than the amp. The overall volume ("white" knob) is at 80%.  The amp itself, connected to other pre-amps, sounds the same, so it can't be the culprit. Its knobs are always set at the same position, as  I prefer to do all my knob-twiddling on whatever pre-amp I'm using.

I run firmware 2.50.2, and the Android amp seems to tell me there's no newer update. The unit is - of course - connected to the amp via the "amp out" plug.

Any thoughts?

- George

Hey, so out of curiosity I connected the unit to the amp via the "Main" output and boom, nice lively volume.... Most likely that's how I had connected  last time....

So I guess the "of course" above was a bit misplaced!