Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch Assignments via Command Center

gunpointmetal

So they ability to use command center to assign just about any function to any footswitch in stomp mode is pretty sweet, but I have a couple of issues/questions and couldn't find anything relevant with a search.

Why do I have to set the footswitch color in SNAPSHOT settings instead of in the command center? If the color in the snapshot menu is "AUTO", wouldn't it make sense that the color would change according to what is assigned in Command Center?

Why do I have to assign PRESS and RELEASE functions to the same snapshot to get some of the switches to change without double pressing? It's not all of them, and it seems to be mostly when I'm assigning something to the second-from-left switch on the bottom row (the first stomp switch, I can never remember how the numbers are laid out). 

8 hours ago, gunpointmetal said:

Why do I have to assign PRESS and RELEASE functions to the same snapshot to get some of the switches to change without double pressing? It's not all of them, and it seems to be mostly when I'm assigning something to the second-from-left switch on the bottom row (the first stomp switch, I can never remember how the numbers are laid out). 

does this fix this issue?  I've noticed since the 2.9 release that snapshot button pushes seem to almost trigger a 2nd push.  can't remember if its a global setting but having a 2nd push resort back to the previous snapshot is great, when I wanna use it.  Its almost like the button isnt releasing before the Helix is looking for a 2nd button push in regards to length of time between pushes.  So while its still in a down status to trigger it, the helix is looking for a 2nd possible push and is then reading one push as 2.  its  stretch, but its all I can wrap my head around as to why it changed in 2.9.

Although, I have not tried this where setting the press and release to the same snapshot, maybe that will fix my issues.  Nothing worse than jumping into a lead, then realizing the lead isnt on, and having to try and hit it again.  Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times to make it 'stick'.  

I agree this is game changer for me with about a dozen songs, but man what sweet changes I can make in my song presets this way.  Just wish it was consistent.  

21 minutes ago, themetallikid said:

does this fix this issue?  I've noticed since the 2.9 release that snapshot button pushes seem to almost trigger a 2nd push.  can't remember if its a global setting but having a 2nd push resort back to the previous snapshot is great, when I wanna use it.  Its almost like the button isnt releasing before the Helix is looking for a 2nd button push in regards to length of time between pushes.  So while its still in a down status to trigger it, the helix is looking for a 2nd possible push and is then reading one push as 2.  its  stretch, but its all I can wrap my head around as to why it changed in 2.9.

Although, I have not tried this where setting the press and release to the same snapshot, maybe that will fix my issues.  Nothing worse than jumping into a lead, then realizing the lead isnt on, and having to try and hit it again.  Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times to make it 'stick'.  

I agree this is game changer for me with about a dozen songs, but man what sweet changes I can make in my song presets this way.  Just wish it was consistent.  

I don’t have the issue using normal snapshot mode, just when I wanna set up multiple switch types in command center, and almost only with that first stomp button. But yes, setting both press and release to Snapshot 1 made it a one press switch. For the other snapshots I jump to just having Press assigned to the Snapshot and release to None works as a single-press snapshot change. I don’t know if it’s because I some switches assigned as momentary snapshot changes that jump back to Snapshot 1 or what.

Hi, I had a similar issue and found that the problem was I had some stomps already assigned to the footswitch and then tried to add the snapshot on top of it - thereby requiring a second press. In HXEdit I looked at all the footswitches to see what was assigned to what and set those to none before going into command center and then adding the snapshots. Now it works perfectly. I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jeremystern said:

Hi, I had a similar issue and found that the problem was I had some stomps already assigned to the footswitch and then tried to add the snapshot on top of it - thereby requiring a second press. In HXEdit I looked at all the footswitches to see what was assigned to what and set those to none before going into command center and then adding the snapshots. Now it works perfectly. I hope this helps.

So I did this last night and it's still doing it. Even  rebuilt a version of the pedal from scratch and its still doing it on that one footswitch.

13 hours ago, jeremystern said:

I've never been a 'stomp' mode/button person, so my command center was clean.  Also I had just redone my core tone presets from scratch.  I then copy those over to create song specific presets (snapshots), where once I created them, then added to the command center screen to arrange them where I wanted them for best live efficiency.  

1 hour ago, gunpointmetal said:

So I did this last night and it's still doing it. Even  rebuilt a version of the pedal from scratch and its still doing it on that one footswitch.

Just to make sure, you checked (see pic) in HX Edit to make sure nothing else was assigned to that switch?

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.42.17 AM.png

11 minutes ago, jeremystern said:

Just to make sure, you checked (see pic) in HX Edit to make sure nothing else was assigned to that switch?

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.42.17 AM.png

Yep, sure did. I'm gonna mess around with it later and see if I need to reassign something and remove it to maybe break it of whatever software loop it is stuck in.

Sometimes removing it then putting it back in the path works. I did not have this exact issue, but in a snap shot when I wanted a Volume block to turn on in one snapshot and off on another, it would not save that configuration, no matter how hard I worked at it. Deleted it from the path, then put it back in again and it is working. Who knows....

• Like 1