Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I use Pod Farm 2.59 with other audio interfaces?

I've been using my Pod Studio UX2 for many years now but recently the phantom power(?) is failing, the knob that adjusts the gain don't work unless I find a sweet spot and the +48V LED doesn't even show anymore. (I use a AT2035 mic for my setup)

Been wanting to replace it for awhile but was wondering If I got a different audio interface like Scarlett Solo (3rd gen) would Pod Farm still work? Getting another UX2 is kinda expensive for me right now and they are hard to find where I am.

Yes and no. The license for POD Farm is tied to the hardware. So in order to have access to your license, you'll need to have the UX2 connected to your computer. But even with the UX2 connected, you would still be able to use a different interface with POD Farm in your DAW.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 8:12 AM, phil_m said:

Yes and no. The license for POD Farm is tied to the hardware. So in order to have access to your license, you'll need to have the UX2 connected to your computer. But even with the UX2 connected, you would still be able to use a different interface with POD Farm in your DAW. resume examples

Thank you so much! It's very helpful!

I never actually used my UX2 as an interface, I just used it to monitor whilst tracking guitars. So I'd split the signal from my guitar, one going to the UX2 for monitoring and the other going dry into my interface, then re-amp later with PF.

Since my PF 2.0 licence is not tied to my UX2, I gave that to my young cousin to help him start recording. My Steinberg UR44 has Yamaha amp modelling which is fine for monitoring with whilst recording a dry signal that I can re-amp with PF later.

If I launch PF stand alone, it did give the option to use the UR44 hardware, but the latency was terrible. For some reason, PF doesn't find my UR44 anymore now.