Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

using POD GO with microphone

rosa_gigantor

While the POD GO may not have a dedicated mic/XLR input, I noticed it still has the mic preamp model and megaphone effect so I'm assuming it can still be used with a microphone. If I understand correctly you'd just need to use an XLR - 1/4" transformer to plug a mic into the guitar input. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who is using their POD Go with a mic for vocals, or really it would be great to hear from more savvy users that my understanding is correct here in using the unit for vocals. I was thinking about nabbing a mic interface for use with my PC so if I could use POD Go instead (and run reverb and other effects too) that'd be great. Thanks!

In theory it would work, but only with a dynamic mic - the pod doesn’t have phantom power to power a condenser like the helix would. You couldn’t use the mic and a guitar at the same time the way helix can either with its dual paths, but if you’re just running a mic, there’s no reason it wouldn’t work? 

• Upvote 1