Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Xt Pro + Mkii Shortboard Issue

I have a POD XT PRO and a MKII Shortboard

I have both units upgraded to their latest firewares and softwares via Monkey.

The problem:

The shortboard is supposed to work with the POD XT PRO via the default settings. Most buttons/switches on the MKII work the way they should except for one..... the FUNCTION 1 button. It says in the manual this button function turns the compressor on/off by default. However it does not when this is connected via the normal ethernet cable hookup.

I tried changing the MKII's function in the FBV edit program, changing FUNCTION 1 button to CC 26 (compressor on/off), clicked save, exited the program, then hooked up the MKII back to the pod xt pro, powered up the POD and checked to see if it worked, but it's still a no-go.

Any ideas/fixes for what's going on here ?

you cant change anything with the control software that would affect the pod... the control software only changes the way it will control things on your PC... its hardwired to work with the pod.

having said that, i have no idea why the manual says what it says...

keep in mind though that the MKII came out after the XT was already finished.. so the manual may only be referring to the original shortboard.

• 4 weeks later...

Solution Found !!

After updating both the POD XT PRO and the FBV MKII Shortboard to the latest firmware and software via Line 6 monkey, I now have the ability to turn the compressor ON/OFF with the FUNCTION 1 button on the switch. Here's how:

- push the I/O & DIG SELECT button on the right side of the POD XT PRO

- scroll down through the menus with the SELECT page knob until you reach the GLOBAL OPTIONS page

- change the LP SW option from LOOP to COMP

that's all there's to it. I don't use the POD XT PRO's effects loop, but I do like using the compressor as a solo boost for patches. Now I have that option at my feet! :-)

1620396_834626193219833_1590007175_n.jpg

1932302_834626199886499_337189512_n.jpg