Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Remote App Effect Settings

clfnole123

Is there any resource that gives a better explanation of the various available setting on specific effects that you choose to use?  Some of the items differ from what is on actual pedals and I am trying to understand what Mix is for example on a Delay effect or Phaser effect. 

Hey there, 

I'm unsure of any resources, but I'm happy to help. 

With the ability of modeling we're able to access to even more parameters for tweaking, so you may notice some effect models with parameters that you usually don't have access to. Such as the 'Phaser' effect which is modeled after the MXR Phase 90, that only has one parameter which is 'speed'. With Spider V's modeling we have Speed, Mix, and feedback. To sound as authentic as possible for modulation effects I'll set the mix to no more than 50%, and the feedback kept in its default position. These settings may change depending on your playing styles.  

For Delays, mix is essentially the 'level' parameter, which is a common parameter to find on these types of effects. The mix will set how wet you signal gets. 

Please feel free to send over more questions, thanks!

1 hour ago, NBell said:

Hey there, 

I'm unsure of any resources, but I'm happy to help. 

With the ability of modeling we're able to access to even more parameters for tweaking, so you may notice some effect models with parameters that you usually don't have access to. Such as the 'Phaser' effect which is modeled after the MXR Phase 90, that only has one parameter which is 'speed'. With Spider V's modeling we have Speed, Mix, and feedback. To sound as authentic as possible for modulation effects I'll set the mix to no more than 50%, and the feedback kept in its default position. These settings may change depending on your playing styles.  

For Delays, mix is essentially the 'level' parameter, which is a common parameter to find on these types of effects. The mix will set how wet you signal gets. 

Please feel free to send over more questions, thanks!

Very much appreciated I just got back into playing after a 35-year absence (better late than never). When I was a kid I had an amp and a fuzz box and now there are so many choices. I am kind of learning as I go. For example I found some presets for She Sells Sanctuary by the Cult and studied how the intro was setup versus the main part. I think my biggest problem is not knowing how to do both EQs correctly whereas for someone like you it’s probably quick and simple. I am also trying to figure out the different Reverbs - Spring, Room, Hall and Plate.