Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset Alternate Tunings Go Away When Played Through My Pod Hd 500

Hope someone can help me with this.  I set up some presets on my VARIAX CUSTOM 1 in MODEL Setting in workbench which had alternate tunings.  Martin in Double Drop D, Gretch in Double Drop D, Banjo open G, Dobro open E, and a Firebird in open A.  When I am connected directly into my DT 25 with a regular guitar cable my models come up with the alternate tunings like they are supposed to.  When I connect my VARIAX through my HD 500 with the VARIAX Link Cable the models are there but the alternate tunings are gone.  Could not find anything about this in the manuals.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem. I can get the tunings back by running the HD Workbench, but it seems like it takes the guitar some time to "remember" the tunings. I got them back, but I'm really not sure what I did. 

As silverhead stated - for the JTV to play with the tunings set for a model in Workbench you need the alternate tune knob set to MODEL.  If it is set to STANDARD Then it will override any tuning and enforce standard EADGBE tuning.

If you are connected via the HD500, then make sure that the patch you are using is not forcing a tuning change on the JTV - page through the setup screens until you find the Tuning screen for the JTV - it should be set to DONT FORCE if you want to observe the MODEL tuning on the JTV.

• Upvote 2