Nyjdams

NSURLERROR on trying to use updater

HI all, I've just got a Helix, so the first thing I want to do is update the firmware, so I downloaded the latest Updater, but when I try to run it, and enter my username and password, I get:

"The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1202).

I'm running Yosemite on Mac Pro

This doesn't have anything to do with your error, but you need to read the update notes and follow the directions for updating precisely.  You don't start by downloading the Helix updater.  You start by downloading and running the appropriate version of HX Edit.  That will download all the necessary components and walk you through the process.  Otherwise all bets are off as to whether you'll have a successful upgrade.

Thanks @DunedinDragon .... I did that, got the latest HX Edit and connected up the Helix, turned it on and started HX Edit.

The Helix shows up in the edit app.   The instructions say to click 'check for updates', so I do this.   It says, 'sign in is required', so I sign in.   It says 'cannot connect to server, make sure this computer is connected to the internet, which it is'.    I try 'forgot username' and it takes me to a new browser window which says 'you are already signed in'.

So ... ????

1 hour ago, Nyjdams said:

So ... ????

I would suggest that you read this - may be it could be the reason for the problem Mac OS 10.10.5  Yosemite cannot sign in.

CUT, PASTE AND EDIT FROM MY RESPONSE IN ANOTHER THREAD

If this is causing you so much trouble, then the easiest thing to do is not try to run the update over the internet and do a local install, by downloading the stuff you need and using the Line 6 Updater Utility. First you will need the HX Edit v2.92 software, then the Helix v 2.92 Flash Memory Bundle.

O.K. go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select Helix, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as is, now select Mac OS X from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. from the next page you can select Helix/HX Firmware 2.92 Flash Memory, then below that you will need the HX Edit 2.92. Now scroll further down the page a grab Line 6 Updater version 1.9. Download all these bits to your Mac( they need to be installed in the Line 6 folder inside your Applications Folder). If as you say this a new Helix, unless you have made some presets that you wish to keep then they need to be backed up using HX Edit prior to updating the Firmware. If everything if fine then proceed to next step. Ensure that you have your Helix connected to the Mac by USB cable and launch the Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your Helix and current firmware version should show in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at the Flash Memory file you down loaded  and let it get on with the update.

Hope this helps/makes sense