Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help needed please - I've lost volume pedal control on all patches

voxman55

Hi guys - need some help. Switched on my PG today and every patch is defaulting to EXP1 wah. The red light is on, but it is in normal volume mode and when I press, the wah will be engaged; the red LED stays constant. But when I repress the wah switches off but the EXP2 volume green LED does not appear - it stays on LED1 red & I have no volume control function. The green Exp2 light won't come on in any patch, even though the volume pedal in the preset is being shown as on - so I have no volume control - I'm hearing the patch fine, but I can't seem to get the volume to go up/down with pedal movement which should be a default setting. It's as if some global change has occurred but I haven't touched any global setting. Can someone please help me to get my volume pedal back? Needless to say I've rebooted my PG and PG Edit. It's like the EXP1 has taken control. The default should be the green volume and it then changes to red and switches to EXP 1 only when wah is engaged. But that isn't what's happening.

I tried reverting to a previous back-up, but no difference.  The EXP pedal 'clicks' but the Vol Exp2 green LED light does not engage. I'm now thinking that this might be a physical 'switch' issue rather than being a software related problem, & if that is the case it will have to go back to Yamaha for a replacement.

I've opened a ticket but if anyone here can help, I'd be pleased to hear from you.  Many thanks.

1) Yes.

2). A factory reset restores the factory setlist, the empty User setlist, and the default global settings. Restoring a system backup restores all three of those things to their state when you backed it up. A firmware installation leaves the setlists as they are but installs the new firmware and set global settings to their default values in that firmware.

3) Use the version of the Line 6 Updater program that was installed when you installed POD Go Edit and  updated your POD Go firmware to v1.11.

There’s also this....

POD Go Edit allows you to backup (export) individual setlists and presets as well as creating a system backup. All I mean is that you should make whatever backups you want before restoring the factory settings.

Thanks @silverhead. None of this helped...BUT I went through all the settings again and I think I've found the problem. The pedal was set for F7/8 - when I went into settings on Pod Go Edit and toggled From F7/F8 to EXP2 and then back to F7/F8, my volume came back & the green light is on.  HOWEVER when I switch off Pod Go and restart it, the same thing happens.  This can't be right and unless I'm missing a setting that I don't know about,  the only thing I can think is that there's a bug either in Pod Go or Pod Go Edit. 

Any ideas?

That sounds like a bug to me...What if you unplug you FS before you power up and plug in after bootup? seems you have found the workaround...but definitely is a bug IMO. I don't have an FS to test that out with here.

6 hours ago, spaceatl said:

That sounds like a bug to me...What if you unplug you FS before you power up and plug in after bootup? seems you have found the workaround...but definitely is a bug IMO. I don't have an FS to test that out with here.

No difference.  

However, I just switched it on/off a few times this morning ( not connected to Pod Go Edit) and it now seems to be working correctly and going to EXP2 'green' led (with FS7/FS8 setting & with pedals connected). I've done nothing since last night (when it kept defaulting to 'red' EXP1 led).  So, it was originally working perfectly, then the red EXP1 problem came out of nowhere, and now it (appears) to be working perfectly again.  There's definitely got to be a bug! 

UPDATE: Re the weird behaviour of FS7/FS8 and losing my volume pedal connectivity, James Domine (Yamaha) dropped me a line to say they've duplicated the problem from my back-up file and it will be fixed in the next update! ;) Yay!! 

• 1 year later...

Me too! Was there a fix? I have the latest update and when I try and use the FS7/8 for external momentary footswitches the Podgo defaults to red EXP1 and I have no control over the volume pedal.  Is there a setting to make it global for EXP2 to be default.  I did a factory resent and it seemed to fix it. then I reassigned my FS7/8 to momentary footswitches.  When I powered off and back on the issue happened again.  I have the latest Podgo Edit update. To fix this the only thing I can do is set the foot switch back to EXP2 and manually switch it.  But this means I cannot use  FS7/8 as designed. Is there some setting I am missing? Or is this still an unresolved issue over a year later?

• 1 month later...

I have the same situation. What i've done is every time this "bug" appears, I manually go to "global settings", "switches/pedals", and change the EXP2 FS7/8 to the EXP 2 selection and then return to the FS7/8 selection. It's really a bummer, I think I'm going to return mine.

18 hours ago, Jbastidas said:

I have the same situation. What i've done is every time this "bug" appears, I manually go to "global settings", "switches/pedals", and change the EXP2 FS7/8 to the EXP 2 selection and then return to the FS7/8 selection. It's really a bummer, I think I'm going to return mine.

I found out that I had a Boss pedal that could switch from momentary to latching. But it was for some reason incompatible with the pod go.  It would always lock out my volume pedal.  I bought a cheap dual momentary switch off amazon and have never had the problem since.  Really, tested over and over. Same result.

I then took apart my Boss pedal and build my own momentary switch with latching LED lights so I know I've selected it.  Yes, it's odd, but it is what I wanted. Works great for me.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, had the same problem and have the solution! I still use 1.11 
I use the FS-5U external footswitch.

YOU NEED TO BE SURE THAT the polarity switch on the back of the FS5U is set to the correct position!
If you look towards the FS5U on your pedal board, the switch should be set towards the left.
Oherwize at startup you will indeed need to go through the global settings, set to EXP2 and then back to FS7/8.

Hope this helps1