Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Use Pod farm without Toneport?

I've never used my Toneport as an interface, just for monitoring as I record guitars.

I want to give my Toneport UX2 to a friend who sings, and since the interface I just bought came with Cubase LE (I already have Pro), I can give him  my Toneport and Cubase licence and he can record.

Will the Toneport work as a stand alone interface like this? Or does it need my Pod Farm licence to run it?

Also, Can I continue to use Pod Farm as a VST without the Toneport?

On 7/4/2020 at 6:37 AM, Anyoldname said:

Will the Toneport work as a stand alone interface like this? Or does it need my Pod Farm licence to run it?

The Tonepoort had a hardware enabled license tied to it. So your friend will just need to download PF

On 7/4/2020 at 6:37 AM, Anyoldname said:

Also, Can I continue to use Pod Farm as a VST without the Toneport?

No, not unless you purchase a hardware independent license. 

BTW, do you have PF or PF 2?

Thanks for the reply.

I have PF2 + triple pack. Actually, it is all working fine as a VST in Cubase without the toneport plugged in. I have a Steinberg UR44C now and actually when I loaded PF standalone, it asked me which interface I want to use, so I selected the UR44 and it just ran thru that, albeit with such latency that it's unusable.

If he buys a copy of PF can he register that with my old toneport, or is it just better he buys a new interface? It'd be a shame to have to throw away a perfectly good Toneport.