Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Usb Connection Help!

linea06

Hi Guyz New to the Pod Hd 500x and just wondering if there is a setting that i need to make to get my pod to come thru my comp speakers.. I m under the impression that I'm so posed here my pod thru my comp speakers when i use the edit program.. i have downloaded all driver and latest firmware and flash memory!! if there is a post on this already please direct me to the right one thanks!!! :)

Once your POD is plugged into the computer (USB) and is turned on you need to select the pod as a "playback" device in your sound properties.  You can do this in your control panel on your computer, or right click the speaker in the system tray and select "Playback devices", select the Line6 POD as the playback device and click the "set default" button then click "ok".

The POD's USB doesn't really carry an analog sound signal, even though it can be used for ASIO recording.  As silverhead said, you really need to attach active speakers directly to the POD.  Another solution, which I personally use, is to connect the POD's analog outs to the AUX Input of my PC's sound card.

There are some work arounds to use the USB ASIO audio, but there is quite a bit of latency, and most folks find the latency unworkable.