Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is It Me, Or Does the HX Stomp not send MIDI CC?

Wondo100

I have read and through my little bit of experience so far, that the HX Stomp only sends Program Changes and not CC changes to external devices. I cannot find a way to do this. I thought that it did. I need to be able to have a couple of my parameters on my amp change with a foot switch on HX Stomp. For example boost on my amp is easily controlled on Helix through a CC but I do not see this on HX Stomp.

Stomp does not have Command Center and therefore does not send CCs or anything else other than the default Program Change (01A=000,01B-001 etc).

Command Center is scheduled to be added in v3.0.

The Stomp doesn’t have the Command Center. The only MIDI command it can send is the PC associated with the preset when it loads. This behavior is controlled under Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo>MIDI PC Tx.

The Command Center functionality is going to be added in the 3.0 firmware update, fwiw.

Ah, crap. I was going to get the HX Effects for my fly rig but then saw how small the HX Stomp was and thought it did that. When I talked with someone at MF and I told them what I wanted to do, they said it would do that. I was not sure. Now I know. I need to return the HX Stomp and get the HX Effects. This is going to be used in 4CM with a tube amp and cab. 

10 minutes ago, Wondo100 said:

Ah, crap. I was going to get the HX Effects for my fly rig but then saw how small the HX Stomp was and thought it did that. When I talked with someone at MF and I told them what I wanted to do, they said it would do that. I was not sure. Now I know. I need to return the HX Stomp and get the HX Effects. This is going to be used in 4CM with a tube amp and cab. 

Considering that it was their mistake, MF shouldn't have a problem with that. I'd hit them up for an annoyance discount too.....

FWIW (closing the barn door after), whenever I buy anything high tech, I first DL and read the manual. Just sayin'. :-)

1 hour ago, Wondo100 said:

Yeah, I looked at the manual and the part about MIDI and CC was a bit confusing and explained that, but they said it could do that. 

MF is actually Guitar Center, but the employees know LESS (impossible as that seems) than the typical GC employee.

Caveat emptor!

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:56 PM, rd2rk said:

MF is actually Guitar Center, but the employees know LESS (impossible as that seems) than the typical GC employee.

Caveat emptor!

if they know less... how on earth do they make it to the store in the first place??? :D