Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Csaunders29

Hey folks!  Looking for some help here regarding snapshots as I can't seem to find my specific question in any forums or tutorials... I downloaded a few free presets, and they are great, but were created as individual presets for each tone.  (ex. Preset 1 = Clean, Preset 2 = Rhythm, Preset 3 = Lead, etc...)  I am wanting to copy those individual Presets, and paste it into one preset utilizing different snapshots, but can't seem to find a way to do this in HX Edit.

I currently have my Helix in Snapshot mode, and would like to consolidate these great tones into 1 preset.  Is there a quick and easy way?

Thank you all for the help.

There's no way to do this, as it's simply not how the concept of snapshots work. Think of a snapshot as preset within a preset. It's taking the blocks and the parameters within those blocks and saving a combination of unique settings for them so you can instantly recall them. So a snapshot only makes sense in the context of preset it's in. Now if these presets you're talking about happen to use the same amp models and effects, you could try to recreate snapshots using the settings from the blocks in those presets, although, it may prove pretty tedious. Your best bet is probably trying to create snapshots on your own, setting things the way you want them.

There's no way to do what you're asking.

If all of the presets use the same blocks, you can write down the settings of the blocks in the different presets, then assign the Block Parameters to Snapshots as required.

That will probably take as long or longer than just starting with your Clean Preset and trying to match the other presets using Snapshots.

If the other presets use different Blocks (different OD, different EQ, different delays or reverbs) then you're SOL. Snapshots are simply variations of the parameter settings on the existing blocks in a given preset, you can't use different blocks altogether.

18 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

I've been tempted numerous times when this comes up to explain this relationship  as, snapshots are just macros within a preset.  Unfortunately I suspect if you're under 30 years old no one understands what a macro is......

Don’t be silly. It’s the opposite of a micro. Everybody knows that!

• Haha 1

As everyone has already indicated, what you're looking to do is not possible. A preset (or patch, if you prefer) is a discrete entity that cannot be combined, merged, or otherwise mingled with another, and only one patch can be in use at any given time. Snapshots only exist within an individual patch. They simply "remember" individual parameter settings that you've designated, and allow for multiple parameter changes (up to 64 per snapshot, I believe... I've never come anywhere near hitting the limit whatever it is, so it's really a moot point) across multiple blocks, with one click.

But no matter what you do, you can't take Patches A, B, and C, and dump them together... it don't work that way.

Here's another one. A snapshot is like when you convince your singer to get down and twist the knobs on your delay and chorus during the solo. A preset is like when you have the roadies completely swap out your amp and pedals between songs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1