Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Repairing the decal on Helix

Nyjdams

Hi all - just an off-the-wall comment here ... I've got a Helix floor unit that the seller had mistreated quite a bit, looks like he kept it in a bag of screws or something ... anyway, the 'decal' is scratched and pitted and torn, and looks a mess, so much so, that the word 'phones' really says 'ph c  s'.    

I say 'decal' because it's pretty obviously some kind of decal - I was wondering if there's any way of getting a replacement?

2 hours ago, offrhodes said:

Try this one:

image.png.8c1ec1449ee38435292e00bd3cd8676f.png

Not sure if I am much help :-) but if it were my own I'd probably remove it completely e.g. with a rubber from office supplies

I am offended and personally just appalled by the fact that you are assuming that HIS Helix is worthy of an all CAPS label when we havent even heard how it sounds.  Also CAPS, to me, indicates that his Helix is in someway superior to mine.  Do the stock cabs sound bigger?  Fuller? Can I buy a Helix with a raised font for those insanely dark stages?  

Quick sell your regular Helix's now and get on the list for the Helix 2.0 with Advanced Font modeling.  

19 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Ye gods! Is that thing still doing the rounds?

I though someone got dropped on for "copyright infringement" over that sticker!

Or, maybe it was a wind up.

;-)

Yeah, I remember the controversy, but I found it, still on a forum thread.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, offrhodes said:

image.png.7db57244af2127601f8a0b539e747bb9.png

But the unit requires "PHONES"... I'm not sure if "phones" are even compatible ...

ugh, i've been using 'phones' this whole time.  So it must be compatible, maybe thats why my tone is much smaller than I thought?  How dare L6 not offer us Helix HeadPHONES so we can listen to our massive brootalz in all Helix glory.