Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just Got New Power Cabs- Not So Sure

Wondo100

Ok. So I got two PC+ today. I have not opened the other one yet, so I can make sure these things sound good. I am kind of getting that blanket over the speaker effect that I have noticed with modeling. 

Are there some tricks to getting this thing to sound right? I kept the volume knob on the cab down and then played some stuff to dial in the green to orange setting. I turned off the Low Cut switch in the back. I tilted the amp to get it off of the floor a bit. I am running it through the L6 Link cable I have downloaded the latest update for PC+. Some of the stock cabs in the PC+ sound muffled like I am in the other room listening to it. I loaded an IR and that sounded pretty good, but I cannot imagine that the stock cabs would be that bad from jump. 

Any ideas, greatly appreciated. 

are you making your own patches in the helix I use the speaker sims in the power cabs I like the vintage and green speakers I make my patches on the helix to sound

good thru PC+ cabs. If i switch it to FFR i get that blanket over it sound but patches were made with speaker sims from the PC's

I had mine last week and have to say that when I turned the cab blocks off and used speaker mods it sounds great. You can also change the flat preset by holding the select button. If you use modelling try the LF flat and LF raw (my favourite with my existing Helix settings.) they might make a difference.