Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Failed to Connect to DSP Engine. Error code 8201

muffinman0302

I've had Helix native installed for a couple of weeks.  I use it with ProTools on a Windows 10 machine.  When I loaded up my project this morning Native is there but displays an orange bar with "Failed to Connect to DSP Engine.  (Device has not been initialized properly.  Code -8201)"  (This forum doesn't like square brackets)

)".  I have tried restarting and reinstalling and nothing seems to be working.

How can I get back to recording?

I too encounter this problem often (running Live 10 on Win10).

Each time, I deauthorize the computer (option in the account dropdown, your username by the green dot) and I'm signed out, then I sign in and authorize again to get Helix working.

Not a very elegant workflow! I came to file a support ticket but saw this post, maybe someone will take action from here?

Edit:

I've noticed in the past that updating my version of Helix Native seems to remedy having to do this every time, searched through the Line 6 downloads and saw that a new version was released just 2 days ago - I presume if you update your problems will be solved.

I guess this is a way to be notified of a new version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtg567 said:

I came to file a support ticket but saw this post, maybe someone will take action from here?

Sorry, but Line 6 staff do not monitor these forums, so it is highly unlikely that anyone will “take action from here”.

You really should raise a ticket with Customer Support as that is the only way to make them aware of any problems. These forums are for users to try to assist other users if they possibly can. 

At the top of this page click on the second black bar from the top which says “Why is Line 6 not responding???” to read the “official” comments about this.

I hope that the latest update to the HX Native firmware has solved your problem. If not, please report it to CS.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I too have been using Helix Native on Windows 10 for about 6 months with no problems and had updated to v1.92 withing the last few weeks. Yesterday, when I started up Studio One v5 and added Helix Native I got that same error. When I went to look at my devices on Line 6 site, they had me listed with one machine as duplicate authorizations and the other machine showed as Windows 8 and Windows 10. I have never had a Windows 8 machine. I suspect that Line 6 has some issue with their system and I created a support ticket and am waiting to hear from them in the next day or two. I was able to de-activate the incorrect machines but I do have to wonder what caused the problem in the first place. I also saw the new update for v1.93 and downloaded and installed it after fixing the device activation issue. The problem I have is that it seems to have wiped out my user banks so I had to import from my backups. Just thought I'd post my two cents.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone resolve this ?

After having no problems with using Native within Cubase, after having my gear in storage for several months and then getting it all set up again, I too encountered this very issue.

Logged a ticket but the proposed solution from L6 had no effect

Uninstalled and reinstalled Native, but still got the same issue.

Saw this post trail and tried the deauthorise and reauthorise my computer process.

This worked !

Hoping it doesn't reoccur as it did in the post from jtg567.

How did you guys resolve ?

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, rmbbnmvm said:

Help me

After to update helix native 3.0 ,I have the same error (code -8207)

Hi,

The thread here is referring to error code 8201, and you mention code 8207, which IIRC from discussions on the Helix hardware forum, is related to a corrupt preset somewhere in the setlists. 

Try getting Native to reset the factory presets and then reload your backup file, to see if that clears the glitch. If not, then raise a ticket with Customer Support.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem. 8201.

Update to 3.0 and new problem. 8207.

I already had error 8201 in the past, when I upgraded from W7 to W10.
The solution was to spend an activation.

Yesterday I installed Steinberg's Absolute 4 package (it's my only change) and Line6 doesn't seem to like it.
I think both brands are owned by Yamaha and somewhere there is a conflict.

I will update to 3.01 and if it does not work I will spend another activation, I cannot have the studio work stopped.
I'll report how it went.

Cheers!

Edit.

Update to 3.01, both mistakes, 8201 and 8207.

Uninstall and install 3.01 same problem.

I edit again.
Deactivating and activating has fixed both errors.
I wonder what will happen when my number of activations runs out.
I have lost an hour of productivity due to a problem foreign to me.

Edited by P1KW
new info

On 11/28/2020 at 12:09 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

The thread here is referring to error code 8201, and you mention code 8207...

Hi guys,

I begin to think that both errors (although they are different) are related by a common element.

Last night I was working on a project, I saved the work and turned off the equipment.
Today, I turn on my system, load the same project, and have both errors again.
[Error code -8202]
[Error code -8207]

I thought deauthorize and reauthorize.
Meanwhile, I have opened a ticket and when restarting the project to deauthorize from the plugin itself, it worked correctly.
Despite everything I have finished writing the Ticket and updating it with what happened.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, P1KW said:

Hi guys,

I begin to think that both errors (although they are different) are related by a common element.

Last night I was working on a project, I saved the work and turned off the equipment.
Today, I turn on my system, load the same project, and have both errors again.
[Error code -8202]
[Error code -8207]

I thought deauthorize and reauthorize.
Meanwhile, I have opened a ticket and when restarting the project to deauthorize from the plugin itself, it worked correctly.
Despite everything I have finished writing the Ticket and updating it with what happened.

Cheers!

Hi P1KW,

As you have noted that both Line 6 and Steinberg are part of the Yamaha Corporation, then I would be good if each piece of software would play nice together. It might be worth contacting Customer Service to ask about your authorisation issues. At the very least it will make them aware of the problem, as this is a user group and not really frequented by any Line 6 Staff.

Oh, yeah thanks for the “down vote” - I was only trying to help, don’t know what I did to deserve that?

Hello guys.
My sincere apologies Datacommando, I do not know the forum, I am a newbie and I still do not know how to assess the mechanisms in depth.
You are right that the title of the thread refers exclusively to [Error code -8202] but regardless of the origin of the error itself or its nature, it seems clear that what causes it is the same as [Error code -8207] .
It also seems that both are solved in the same way.
For this reason I valued their contribution negatively, without any personal motivation.

At no time have I doubted your willingness to help, I reiterate, accept my apologies.

From my technical ignorance, and from my experience as a simple user, I believe that both errors have to do with the software protection system.
Regardless of the nature of both.

Yes, apart from having solved the problem (it seems that it is enough to restart the project or the DAW itself) I have posted a detailed ticket, I will write here if I understand that Line 6's answer is useful for other users.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, P1KW said:

Hello guys.
My sincere apologies Datacommando, I do not know the forum, I am a newbie and I still do not know how to assess the mechanisms in depth.
You are right that the title of the thread refers exclusively to [Error code -8202] but regardless of the origin of the error itself or its nature, it seems clear that what causes it is the same as [Error code -8207] .
It also seems that both are solved in the same way.
For this reason I valued their contribution negatively, without any personal motivation.

At no time have I doubted your willingness to help, I reiterate, accept my apologies.

From my technical ignorance, and from my experience as a simple user, I believe that both errors have to do with the software protection system.
Regardless of the nature of both.

Yes, apart from having solved the problem (it seems that it is enough to restart the project or the DAW itself) I have posted a detailed ticket, I will write here if I understand that Line 6's answer is useful for other users.

Cheers!

Hi P1KW,

I am happy to know that you have managed to get Native to work correctly. My concern is that you may lose all your authorisations by having to perform the de-authorise and re-authorise to make it work. I also agree that these errors are very similar, and performing authorisation over the internet is risky even in 2020. Not everyone has a good connection, and also anti-virus and firewall protection may interfere with the process.

As Line 6 and Steinberg are part of the same group then it should not require this.

I hope that Line 6 Customer Service reinstate your authorisation credit.

I was joking about the “down vote” as it is very to do something like that when you are unfamiliar with the way things work.

;-)

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

So I have 2 workstations One of them I have Helix Native and HX Stomp and the other I have only Helix Native. I had this same problem in the workstation that only had Helix Native.

I solved this issue by Uninstalling Native with their uninstaller then erasing all appdata for Line6 located at C:\Users\UserName\AppData

I hope this helps anyone struggling with this.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Don`t k now if this helps, but I had this similar error and I got it fixed by doing the following:

Uninstall Helix Native (with your normal windows "remove program" uninstall. You should find uninstall helix or something similar)

Press Windows+R then write %appdata% and enter. I deleted everything from there (except the IR folder)

Reinstall Helix Native.

This did it for me.

• 2 months later...

I had the same Code -8201 error. I contacted customer support and they gave me these instructions:

1. Disable WiFi(even with a wired connection present)
2. Launch your DAW (blank session)
3. Insert Helix Native on a track. The login page should pop up (if it doesn't, check in the lower left hand corner of the plugin).
4. Turn on WiFi.
5. When you sign in, Native gets reauthorized.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...