Sign in to follow this  
muffinman0302

Failed to Connect to DSP Engine. Error code 8201

I've had Helix native installed for a couple of weeks.  I use it with ProTools on a Windows 10 machine.  When I loaded up my project this morning Native is there but displays an orange bar with "Failed to Connect to DSP Engine.  (Device has not been initialized properly.  Code -8201)"  (This forum doesn't like square brackets)

)".  I have tried restarting and reinstalling and nothing seems to be working.

How can I get back to recording?

I too encounter this problem often (running Live 10 on Win10).

Each time, I deauthorize the computer (option in the account dropdown, your username by the green dot) and I'm signed out, then I sign in and authorize again to get Helix working.

Not a very elegant workflow! I came to file a support ticket but saw this post, maybe someone will take action from here?

Edit:

I've noticed in the past that updating my version of Helix Native seems to remedy having to do this every time, searched through the Line 6 downloads and saw that a new version was released just 2 days ago - I presume if you update your problems will be solved.

I guess this is a way to be notified of a new version.

2 hours ago, jtg567 said:

I came to file a support ticket but saw this post, maybe someone will take action from here?

Sorry, but Line 6 staff do not monitor these forums, so it is highly unlikely that anyone will “take action from here”.

You really should raise a ticket with Customer Support as that is the only way to make them aware of any problems. These forums are for users to try to assist other users if they possibly can. 

At the top of this page click on the second black bar from the top which says “Why is Line 6 not responding???” to read the “official” comments about this.

I hope that the latest update to the HX Native firmware has solved your problem. If not, please report it to CS.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

"Congratulations!

We've opened a new ticket for you. You should be contacted within three business days."

That is a really bizarre way of dealing with faulty software complaints.  "Congratulations!"

I too have been using Helix Native on Windows 10 for about 6 months with no problems and had updated to v1.92 withing the last few weeks. Yesterday, when I started up Studio One v5 and added Helix Native I got that same error. When I went to look at my devices on Line 6 site, they had me listed with one machine as duplicate authorizations and the other machine showed as Windows 8 and Windows 10. I have never had a Windows 8 machine. I suspect that Line 6 has some issue with their system and I created a support ticket and am waiting to hear from them in the next day or two. I was able to de-activate the incorrect machines but I do have to wonder what caused the problem in the first place. I also saw the new update for v1.93 and downloaded and installed it after fixing the device activation issue. The problem I have is that it seems to have wiped out my user banks so I had to import from my backups. Just thought I'd post my two cents.

Congratulations! You have the plague!