Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp 2.92 update - missing

thehowlingsea

5 hours ago, thehowlingsea said:

HOw can I remedy this please?

As noted by “phil_m” in his post above, you need to ensure you are running the latest version of HX Edit.

Furthermore, make sure that your presets have been restored. (Hold down FS1 &FS2 while powering up your HX Stomp).

But most of all - you did follow the instructions on the download page exactly? The bits in red print are important!

You did make a backup as instructed in the firmware update notes, which state?:

STEP 2—Updating Helix/HX Firmware to 2.92

1. If you have Helix Rack/Control, turn off Helix Control. Also, shut down all Line 6 software or any programs that use audio, like DAWs, iTunes, Spotify, video games, etc.
  2. Connect your Helix/HX device to a Mac or PC via USB (do not use any sort of USB hub, which may include the front USB ports on towers) and turn it on.
  3. Launch the new version of HX Edit 2.92 you installed in Step 1 above. If you're not signed in, click "Check for Updates" in the lower right corner and sign in. If you're already signed in, a dialog panel appears, indicating an update is available.
  4. Click "Update Now." A window appears, asking you to back up your Helix/HX hardware. Click OK, optionally rename the backup and/or choose a different destination folder, and then click "Create Backup." IMPORTANT! Note the location where you've saved the backup.
  5. Continue following the prompts. Once updated, the window reads "Update Complete" and your Helix/HX hardware begins rebuilding its presets; wait for this to complete and click "Back to HX Edit."
  6. From the File pull-down menu, click "Restore from backup..." A dialog appears. Click "Restore Backup" and then "Yes."
  7. Once the restore has finished, turn your Helix/HX product off and then on again.
  8. If you have Helix Control connected to Helix Rack, turn on Helix Control. Helix Rack reads "Helix Control must be updated to work properly." Press Knob 6 (OK).

Hope this helps/makes sense (second time today that I’ve had to post this!)

Thanks for this info.  I did update the HX edit software beforehand. 

When I follow the instructions above 1. and 2. (turn on HX stomp and then turn on HX Edit 2.92) I don't see "Check for Updates" in the lower right corner . I assumed I'm signed in but no a dialog panel appears indicating an update is available. Possibly because no update is availble as the latest verion is now installed? I just see this (pls see attached)

At no point was I prompted to back up when I first did the update, however all my presets are as there still.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 15.14.33.png

3 minutes ago, thehowlingsea said:

Thanks for this info.  I did update the HX edit software beforehand. 

When I follow the instructions above 1. and 2. (turn on HX stomp and then turn on HX Edit 2.92) I don't see "Check for Updates" in the lower right corner . I assumed I'm signed in but no a dialog panel appears indicating an update is available. Possibly because no update is availble as the latest verion is now installed? I just see this (pls see attached)

At no point was I prompted to back up when I first did the update, however all my presets are as there still.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 15.14.33.png

This isn’t HX Edit 2.92. The version number on the bottom of the screen refers to the firmware version on the connected hardware. If you tried to install 2.92 and it’s not installing, you may need to delete the old installation files before running the new one.