Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Vastly different sound: FRFR vs headphones

benthere77

43 minutes ago, voxman55 said:

No probs.  Aside from having access to all new modelling , effects & features (as good as the TLSE still is, it was launched 16 years ago - that's a long time ago in the modelling world, which shows you how well its lasted, how advanced it was at the time, and in some ways still is!) the BIG thing for me as an 'oldie' is I desperately needed something compact and light. The TLSE is a big, heavy unit - with it's heavy duty power-supply it weighs around the same as a full Helix, and it's overall physical size isn't much different!  At 63 I just don't want to carry the weight of big MFX and heavy amps anymore!   One thing I miss though is it's long, heavy duty cable & PSU with mid-position transformer with its own on/off switch. The TLSE/TLLE and their PSU's ere built like tanks!   The Pod Go PSU  is small, light -  but it has a thin short cable and isn't robust for gigging, so i'll have to make sure I have a back-up when (eventually in the UK) we get back to gigging!   But it's pros and cons - I love that Pod Go switches on every patch between Volume & Wah (a big reason I gigged with the TLSE  apart from A/B switching was its dual volume/expression pedal layout, rather than the smaller, lighter TLLE that I also have).  The Pod Go is a joy from that perspective alone as wah is pre-programmed in by default whereas you have to manually select wah in each patch you wanted in the TLSE, and then that was your pedal option used up!

Yeah the size and weight is also a big point for me. I'll get the pod go as backup or small size all-in-one rig when I can't bring my amp and analog pedalbord. TLSE indeed is quite big and heavy, and yes its psu never failed me and was just clever designed. Overall I've enjoyed using the Vox, for its user friendly design and easyness to use, but indeed if you needed the wah (and I pretty much need it for all my patches) you just couln't fit another pedal like boost, distortion or comp, big bummer but I've survived to that eventually. Now I'm really looking forward to get my hands on the pod go!

19 hours ago, voxman55 said:

With Dynamic DSP,  you have flexibility to fully use the available DSP - but if you choose certain amp & effect models (eg spring reverb) that need to use more DSP processing power...

Is really the spring reverb more dsp hungry than say a room reverb? I wouldn't imagine that, how did you know?

On 8/18/2020 at 8:33 AM, cristt said:

Is really the spring reverb more dsp hungry than say a room reverb? I wouldn't imagine that, how did you know?

Way more!  A spring reverb will eat up 34.03% of your available DSP whereas a room reverb only uses 13.61%.  The list makes interesting reading as there can be huge differences on other effects and amp models too. Eg a US Small tweed uses 13.61% of DSP allowance, whereas a Marshall® Super Lead 100 (jumped) uses 40.83%!  So although you have UP TO 4 user blocks, you might

https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

There is a list created of the DSP used by different models. Look for a thread on this that I started before I bought my Pod Go and that will have links to 'benvesco' here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/55996-pod-go-dsp-processing-power-has-anyone-yet-hit-a-dsp-limit/

Oh, here's the link to the DSP usage (not Line 6 but very accurate - look for the Pod Go list)

https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

• Like 1