Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

loud burst of volume when using Helix with powercab configuration

Hi there, just upgraded to the helix, which convinced me to upgrade to the powercab 212.  Here is the issue- when I use the powercab output option (with any of the IR cab options, not in flat mode) within any helix configuration, as soon as I switch to that configuration, there will be a really loud burst of volume for a split second before it recognizes the settings and plays out at the desired volume.   I haven't found any info on these threads, though I doubt I'm the only one with this issue.  Maybe there's something in the settings I need to tweak?  Any help on the matter would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

helix issue.mp3

• 4 months later...

I have the a Helix with a PowerCab 212 as well. The only similar thing I've run into is when I'm using snapshots with a preset, when I switch to that preset it can generate a burst of volume then settle down like you described. I've solved it for the most part by saving the preset with the snapshot I want but the volume level down to 0. I no longer get that burst but you have to obviously be aware that your volume is off. I suspect this would also happen if using just straight presets without snapshots and could also be solved by saving the preset with the volume down. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Wondo100 said:

I am new to the 212 and have not experienced this yet. Yet being the operative word here. How, do I avoid this?

play through a helix, and this happens when I choose the Powercab output through a custom helix configuration.  For example, use one of the amp models available in the helix presets without a cab, then pick one of the 212 cabs for the output.