huzzam

HX Native doesn't receive MIDI from host (Ableton 10)

Hi all, I'm a new HX Native user, and long time HX Effects user.

I'm trying to get HX Native to respond to MIDI CC messages per the manual section "MIDI Bypass & Controller Assignment." For some reason, the plug in doesn't seem to receive any MIDI at all (the "MIDI In" light never flashes). HXN doesn't respond in "Learn" mode, and even if i manually assign a CC, HXN doesn't listen to CC changes. Other plugins (e.g. Soundtoys Echo Boy) do successfully receive & respond to MIDI messages. Is there something in HXN that i need to enable? The manual implies this should be working.

(I'm aware that I can hack together similar functionality by using automation parameters, but MIDI CCs supposedly should work, and would be much more fluid & quick to configure on the fly.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

bump... doesn't anyone use midi to control HX Native???

This is an excellent post re: controlling Native via MIDI. Its Logic-specific, but the basics should apply to most DAWs....

I'm sorry to report that I have not had success getting Helix Native to respond to automation changes sent from MIDI controller assignments on macOS 11.6 when Logic Pro X is run natively on the M1 processor. If you run Logic under Rosetta, then it works as expected. 

I'm trying Helix Native on Ableton 10 & Macbook 2012

Plugin Automation 

Simply Automation is OK (like all Plugin) but is "limited" to 16 Discrete controllers and 16 Switches. OK BETTER THAN Pod pro hd limited to 2 Midi CC and 9 switches....

With Ableton MIDI Mapping  it's easy to automate "HW Remote controller"->"plugin linear controller" ->"Helix effect parameter".

Midi CC

For Midi CC i've a "little" issue.. With manually assignment works...Midi learn doesn't work... (midi green light flash but doens't map...)

And... sometimes, on change preset, It losts assignment (example: overdrive "drive" param).

Anyway for ableton & Helix Native Midi CC Mapping, you need 2 Tracks:

• Audio track with plugin helix (ok it's easy..)
  • Midi Track "always on" (no auto) with input source on midi controller (example Akai Lpd8) and output to Audio track | Helix Native. Be sure that on Ableton midi preferences your controller is set "ON in "Track input" e not only "remote input". Remote input is used only for first scenario (Plugin automation)