SaschaFranck

Helix in daylight, what is everybody doing?

1 minute ago, Lone_Poor_Boy said:

I see you too have studied at the Institute of Internet Gizmology.

Gizmology Class of 2020 and continuing!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 9:38 AM, PierM said:

What about barefoot translucent toppers (and setting no led at all for the off-status)? If you can't see those, then it's time for a eye-check. :D

Line6 Helix | Page 2756 | The Gear Page

I've got those exact buttons Pier, and for indoor use they are brilliant.  However, having done my first Helix outdoor gig last weekend (undercover, quite overcast, no direct sun on the stage), I also really struggled.  Luckily I use snapshots so could use the inverted camera logo to just about keep track, but agree with the first post that if the whole scribble strip could be inverted that would be a lot easier.

28 minutes ago, sd_kirk said:

I've got those exact buttons Pier, and for indoor use they are brilliant.  However, having done my first Helix outdoor gig last weekend (undercover, quite overcast, no direct sun on the stage), I also really struggled.  Luckily I use snapshots so could use the inverted camera logo to just about keep track, but agree with the first post that if the whole scribble strip could be inverted that would be a lot easier.

Me too. Same experience, same solution.

Fwiw, I'm using a mixture of 4 snapshots and 6 switches (4 switches before 2.9), the switches being assigned to the same (or pretty similar) things all the time, but that only helps a little. The snapshots are sort of readable (due to the inverted camera lense), but using the switches can easily become guesswork. Seriously, inverting the entire shebang would help a whole lot (as there can't be anything done to the LEDs themselves). I will now try to find out which LED color works best under critical lightning conditions and change all LEDs to that color (sure, I will lose color as a job indicator, but I couldn't care less).