Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar In not working...

dagawa

Hi all,

Just had a problem with my Guitar In jack not working.  My guitar works when plugged into an amp, but when I plug into my Pod GO, no signal.  It worked yesterday afternoon, and then when I came back home, I couldn't get anything out of it. Volume knob and foot pedal are all the way up, not even a signal to the Tuner.  Any ideas? Hoping not have to do a return. Thanks.

Hi, got same symtoms after installing newest update (1.11) on clean (just out of the box) Pod Go. Nothing helped - apart from factory reset (Hold buttons C and D as you power up the unit).

Hope that helps, greetings Detlef

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same issue a couple times, more since the latest update.  I simply power off/on the unit and it returns.  This leaves me nervous about using the box at a gig. Hopefully this is a software issue.

This happened to me too, thought I was just hooking things up wrong (was using an acoustic).  For me, running a preamp between the guitar and the Go made it come alive.  Then when I removed the preamp it was fine.  Weird.  

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I don't know if this is related and I don't know if the bug still exists but maybe it's helpful. When I first got my Pod Go I would regularly leave it on overnight. One morning I picked up the guitar to play and got no sound. Changing the preset using the dial on the Pod Go would bring it back to life. I reported it as an issue and they suggested I send it back to the dealer or it would have to be a repair. (I would pay for shipping) I only had it for a month at that point and I was lucky that the dealer took care of sending me a new unit. While I was waiting for the return shipping label etc. I narrowed it down to the Rival Sons preset I made using the Mandarin 80 amp but I still followed Line 6's advice and sent it back. The new unit did the same thing. I believe you can make it happen just by taking the default preset, changing the amp to the Mandarin 80 and leave it  on overnight. I assume there is a bug in that amp model that nobody notices because it takes a long time for it to happen. Line 6 left it as not reproducible. 

On 6/3/2022 at 4:35 AM, Rocles said:

This can also happen if the effects loop is switched on...worth a check.

I found this out just earlier this week. Made a few new patches for practice that I was trying to use a boost pedal with. It didn't work quite as I expected so when I went to pack for practice I did not take the boost pedal. Then when I setup for practice I got no sound from the new patches and was stumped for a bit and starting to annoy, rightfully so, my bandmates. I switched to old patches for that night's practice and stumbled across the solution during a break late in the session. Thankfully it happened at a practice rather than a gig.

I wonder, if in a pinch you forget your pedal and are at a gig could you solve the no sound issue with 1 instrument cable simply plugged into the send and return of the effects loop?

On 6/4/2022 at 9:35 AM, jjuba said:

I wonder, if in a pinch you forget your pedal and are at a gig could you solve the no sound issue with 1 instrument cable simply plugged into the send and return of the effects loop?

Just tested it and that works.