Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm Standalone - Where is Output Sent to in Windows?

I am running Pod Farm to provide reverb for a mic connected to my Steinberg UR22 interface.  Pod Farm has the Steinberg selected in hardware.  I can hear the reverb effect through my UR22, but I cannot record it on any Windows 10 output. 

Where does the output of Pod Farm get routed to - Stereo Mix maybe?

Can Pod Farm be used to act as an external "chain" effect for other recording apps?

Can I use a virtual cable utility to route the wet sound to another app?

Thanks for the replies. 

VST plugins won't work because I am not using a DAW.  In Reaper or other DAW software, I have no issue controlling routing path. 

My application is a web-based recording site (bandhug.com).   When I try to record, even though I am hearing a wet track - bandhug records a dry track.  I do already have my input and output audio set to the UR22 - but it doesn't pickup in any non-ASIO recording app.

Does that make any sense?

17 hours ago, Triryche said:

Assuming you have a UX1 or UX2, a workaround would be to plug your mic into the Line6 interface and the line out(s) or headphone out to the UR22. 

I don't have a UX1 or 2.  Just an old PodXT and a Steinberg UR22

27 minutes ago, Triryche said:

Did you purchase a hardware independent version of PF2?

What are you recording with?

I'm actually running a trial of PF right now - but it is working, I just can't figure out where the output goes?

I am recording on a website called bandhug.com 

I'm guessing your speakers are connected to the UR22?

You could connect the UR22 headphone out to your PC line in.

If you want stereo you will need a TRS connection on both ends of the cable and if you use a 1/4" to 1/8" adopter it will need to be the TRS version. 

Here's an example of 1/4" to 1/8' cable with no need for an adopter.

https://www.amazon.com/TISINO-Stereo-Cable-Nylon-Interconnect/dp/B083R58TLJ

Or you could run the UR22 L/R outs to the PC line in with a cable like this, but if your speakers are connected to the UR22 swapping cables back and forth gets annoying. 

https://www.amazon.com/TISINO-Stereo-Y-Splitter-Cable-Breakout/dp/B083R59ZNL

Thanks for the suggestion Triryche - I did try that before (connecting my L out to the opposite input), but then I get unwanted audio in my microphone mix (WASAPI), such as backing track, etc.  In some cases that will work for me but often I just want the isolated instrument + effects that would be provided from an ASIO channel for example.

So in your opinion, the output of Pod Farm is just sent to the stereo mix internally and the L/R outs physically?

I’m not sure if the trial version functions differently. When you use the trial do you need to select your UR22 in PF? If so anything you do in PF standalone should be available from the UR22 ASIO.

Does the trial version include the plug-in?

Yes the trial includes the plugins which I have also installed in Reaper as well.  However I am not using Reaper for this recording application (BandHug.com)

In PF I have options to select Steinberg UR22 & PodXT which works for selecting the dry signal input only but not the output of PF to include the wet signal.

I can't check currently, but in Win7 there was an option in the sound control panel to check a box Listen to this device, which would make the audio from an interface available to Windows via the USB connection. I'm assuming there is an equivalent in Win10. But if there is, you may have the same issue as when you tried the analog connection.

What I am surprised by is that standalone PF claims to work with many non-Line 6 interfaces - and while it does acquire the signal from a non-Line 6 ASIO interface, it does not send to any interface it seems.  I don't know under what circumstances a standalone PF would work for outputting a wet signal?

But that's how ASIO interfaces work. The wet and dry signals from PF should be available to any program that uses ASIO. If you are able to capture a wet signal from PF in your DAW then, then PF is working properly with the UR22.

Does bandhug have an active forum? I'm willing to bet you're not the only one try to do this.

1 hour ago, Triryche said:

I thought just occurred to me, there is a driver called ASIO4ALL that I used a long time ago for a DAW that did not support ASIO.

I have ASIO4ALL installed and it may work if I knew where the wet output of PF went?  I also have a virtual VB-Cable software that lets me connect two internal devices.

As far as I know the PF wet signal is routed to your interface's main outs and to is available to any software that accepts an ASIO input.

I did a quick ASIO to WASAPI search, looks like there may be some options, hopefully one of them will work for you.

I tried using the setup on a different site - bandlab.  I got the same results; reverb in headphones but not in recording.  It seems bandlab has added their own reverb effects, likely because there are no virtual-modeled plugins that work.

• 10 months later...
On 7/15/2020 at 10:15 AM, CybRGibson said:

I am running Pod Farm to provide reverb for a mic connected to my Steinberg UR22 interface.  Pod Farm has the Steinberg selected in hardware.  I can hear the reverb effect through my UR22, but I cannot record it on any Windows 10 output. 

Where does the output of Pod Farm get routed to - Stereo Mix maybe?

Can Pod Farm be used to act as an external "chain" effect for other recording apps?

Can I use a virtual cable utility to route the wet sound to another app?

I am having this exact same issue. I'm using a Steinberg UR12. I can hear the effects in Pod Farm but cannot use it in windows apps like voice recorder, or discord, or skype, or a video game, or a DAW. pretty much i can't use this with anything.