Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bloomin' Onion preset

KitchenDog03

I've been tinkering with this preset for a while trying to get it to have the same huge, ethereal swell and reverb as a church organ WITHOUT the terrible modulation that throws it off-pitch. Such an awesome preset without it. I've tried adjusting the autoswell, the three delays, and the reverb to no avail. Very close but I just can't get rid of the pitch shift...someone more qualified, lead me on the right path please.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, KitchenDog03 said:

I've been tinkering with this preset for a while trying to get it to have the same huge, ethereal swell and reverb as a church organ WITHOUT the terrible modulation that throws it off-pitch. Such an awesome preset without it. I've tried adjusting the autoswell, the three delays, and the reverb to no avail. Very close but I just can't get rid of the pitch shift...someone more qualified, lead me on the right path please.

I just loaded Helix Native along with the hardware compatibility mode for the Stomp.... it automatically loaded up the presets for the Stomp and sure enough, there was "Bloomin' Onion". 

I'm not sure what to say, but I don't hear any modulation in the high end that is pulling it off key. If I try a bend or any vibrato it gets ugly, but when I play the note cleanly there is nothing artificial that is taking it off pitch. If it is just the highest octave that is getting under your skin, that is the delay in the parallel path. You could just disable that delay, or turn down it's volume a little so it doesn't stand out so much. 

If anyone else wants to give it a try, I've attached the preset.... completely original (unaltered)

FX_Bloomin'Onion.hlx