Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[Feature Request] Longer Note Sync Measures

philippjost

Hi everyone

Just switched from a POD HD500 to a Helix LT this week cause the POD died on me and i have to say this is some astonishing piece of gear!
The sound quality of the models (amp & fx) feels like a quantum leap compared to the HD500!
Also the legacy FX models sound way better than on the POD!

That said, there's one tiny thing i hoped would find its way into the Helix and that's longer note sync measurements!

Currently there's a max for 1 bar at any given bpm and this is a bit limiting for sounds with e.g. long sweeps or pans.

With the HD500 i sometimes dropped the bpm to 1/2 or 1/4 to achieve this, but since the bpm is limited to one digit after the dot, you'll eventually run out of sync with odd bpms like .25 or .35.

Furthermore when you record with midi-sync, you can't drop the bpm for just one lane.

So it would be very nice if Line 6 could add some longer sync in the next firmware update.
For example: 2/1 (dotted, triplet) and 4/1 (dotted, triplet)

But maybe it's a technical limit, or i'm such a unique guitar player (^^) that it's not worth the hassle to implement it, idk ;)

8 hours ago, philippjost said:

Hi everyone

Just switched from a POD HD500 to a Helix LT this week cause the POD died on me and i have to say this is some astonishing piece of gear!
The sound quality of the models (amp & fx) feels like a quantum leap compared to the HD500!
Also the legacy FX models sound way better than on the POD!

That said, there's one tiny thing i hoped would find its way into the Helix and that's longer note sync measurements!

Currently there's a max for 1 bar at any given bpm and this is a bit limiting for sounds with e.g. long sweeps or pans.

With the HD500 i sometimes dropped the bpm to 1/2 or 1/4 to achieve this, but since the bpm is limited to one digit after the dot, you'll eventually run out of sync with odd bpms like .25 or .35.

Furthermore when you record with midi-sync, you can't drop the bpm for just one lane.

So it would be very nice if Line 6 could add some longer sync in the next firmware update.
For example: 2/1 (dotted, triplet) and 4/1 (dotted, triplet)

But maybe it's a technical limit, or i'm such a unique guitar player (^^) that it's not worth the hassle to implement it, idk ;)

Hi,

Welcome to a brand new Helix user and FYI - this is usually the place to ask for assistance from other users. 

Line 6 staff do not usually monitor these forums, so a request for anything to do with Helix firmware needs to be posted to IdeaScale for consideration. Other users can then vote for the idea if they like it. Best to check an see if anyone else has made a similar request or you may end up splitting the vote.

Here’s a link:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/ideas/top/campaign-filter/byids/campaigns/51424/stage/unspecified?sortBy=cumulative.votes

Also, at the top of this forum is a “sticky thread” where you can let others know you have submitted a request on IdeaScale.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1