Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Crashing on MacOS

amsdenj

On MacOS 10.15.5, Helix Native 1.93 causes Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Reaper 6.12c and JamKazam to periodically crash if the project contains Helix Native as a plugin. This doesn't always happen. And when it does, you can retry a few times and Logic Pro X will finally come up and the Helix Native plugin seems to work fine. In Reaper and JamKazam, the plug UI comes up and works ok, unless you load certain patches - then it crashes. 

I've been using Helix Native in Logic Pro X for a long time without any problem. I'd guess the issue was the Logic 10.5.1 update if it weren't for the Reaper and JamKazam crashing too. 

I have tried a clean re-install, tried updating all the patches to select different IRs. But still crashes.

It looks to be sensitive's to the patch, maybe patches that have an IR that was purchased from Line6 store. But its not consistent. I've created a support ticket. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this. 

16 hours ago, amsdenj said:

I've been using Helix Native in Logic Pro X for a long time without any problem. I'd guess the issue was the Logic 10.5.1 update if it weren't for the Reaper and JamKazam crashing too. 

Yeah, I'm also a long time user of Mac and Logic, but decided to leave the update to Catalina as when it first came out there were some "issues". I know that lots of people are using it without problems, but I will stay "as is" until I really do need to change. The same thing for LPX 10.5.x, I was worried that it may bring the whole house of cards tumbling down and decided to stand back from updating for a while.

As for why this should be happening in Reaper and JamKazam, I have no idea. I don't use JamKazam although I do have Reaper for occasionally checking stuff out, but as you know, it all seems to function fine in earlier versions of OSX.

At least, you have contacted CS and raised a ticket, so now they will be aware of the situation and hopefully come up with a solution pretty quick. Until then  may be you could revert back to an earlier version of Logic that does work.

Good luck and please keep us advised as to the progress.

I’ve heard Catalina is the first release that requires full 64 bit drivers throughout. If you upgraded to Catalina from an older version, perhaps there’s some older 32 bit driver hanging around still yet? Just a wild guess; I’m still on High Sierra