benthere77

Pod GO as effects only

What is the best set-up to use the GO just for the effects?  Does this really require the four cable method?

No it doesn't, but It is more of an all in one unit so using it as an effects modeler won't be using it to the full potential, but it can be done. You can do 4CM, but you can plug the amp out direct to the amp.

IMO.... in your global settings set it so the Amp Output bypasses the amp/cab settings. 

Just plug the amp out to the amp and play. When you want the amp sims (to FRFR or direct to PA), use the normal outputs. 

9 hours ago, codamedia said:

IMO.... in your global settings set it so the Amp Output bypasses the amp/cab settings. 

Just plug the amp out to the amp and play. When you want the amp sims (to FRFR or direct to PA), use the normal outputs. 

I agree. But bare in mind that amp out bypasses ONLY cab, so you still get the amp modelling to get your clean/distortion settings out of the simulated amp (and should work well even if you go to your regular amp input).

2 hours ago, cristt said:

I agree. But bare in mind that amp out bypasses ONLY cab, so you still get the amp modelling to get your clean/distortion settings out of the simulated amp (and should work well even if you go to your regular amp input).

Sorry about that.... I misunderstood how that worked. 

My suggestion for going through an amp then would just be to disable both the amp and cab block. You can turn those on if you ever need to go direct, but leave them off when going to the amp. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, codamedia said:

Sorry about that.... I misunderstood how that worked. 

My suggestion for going through an amp then would just be to disable both the amp and cab block. You can turn those on if you ever need to go direct, but leave them off when going to the amp. 

I would agree with you, but looks like, at least at the moment, amp out brings your amp sim out. But if you intend to go only to your amp (no main outs) just switch off your amp from the patch!

Or, maybe better, plug your amp out into the FX return of your amp.

You could assign a footswitch to bypass the amp. Hit the two Page buttons together and then use the Bypass/Assign to pick the footswitch. Or if you don't want to do that, then pick your preset and hit Mode, then use the top knob to the right of the screen to pick your amp block, then press down the knob right below it. That'll toggle that block off. Then you have effects only.

Use that list on the benvesco site to pick a "free" (or none beyond the partitioned DSP) to save as much DSP horsepower as you can for the effects. 

Probably want to create a preset just for no amp. 

• Like 1