Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Control Center Multiple MIDI "Note On" Messages

yoMuzicMan

I just learned how to use Control Center in my Helix LT (FW 2.92) to send MIDI "Note On" messages to my external sound module.  Very cool!  But this feature only seems to allow 1 note per button.  Is there a way to send multiple "Note On" messages per button to play a chord?   Someone had already posted this idea a few years back here:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Multiple-MIDI-Notes-per-Footswitch/858527-23508

Thanks!

Right now it's limited to one note per switch. If you have multiple switches with notes assigned, you could trigger them all together with snapshots to do chords. Also, remember, though, that there's the 3 Note Generator effect in the Helix that can be used to create chordal pads as well.

The other thing I'd throw out there is that many keyboards/synths have chord or arpeggio modes in which one note can trigger a chord or multiple notes in sequence. That's what I was doing with the Korg Minilogue on this track. All of this was recorded in one take. I was playing guitar through the Helix and triggering the changes on the Minilogue with my feet.

Hi @phil_m.

I appreciate your reply.  I didn't know about the 3 Note Generator in the Helix.  I tried it out, but it doesn't fit my needs at the moment sound-wise.  Maybe I'll find a use for it in the future.

For now, I configured 8 buttons on the LT to trigger 8 different notes on my external sound module (PianoBox Mini).  I also configured 2 of the buttons to enable and disable sustain.  So I have flexibility to hold or tap buttons based on my need.  I'm also sending CC 126 to the PianoBox Mini so it plays monophonic.  So when I press the button to engage sustain, I can easily tap between 8 buttons to get sustained notes one at a time.

Maybe down the road we'll get a Helix update so a single button can trigger up to 5 notes like the Keith McMillen 12 Step does.

By the way, nice improv recording.

Thanks,

Ron