Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod GO thru Blackstar HT20Rh amp head

Hankon6

About to pull the trigger on a Pod Go......The only item that is holding me back is knowing the ability to run all presets  and amp /cabs thru my Blackstar.  Therefore, using my Blackstar HTV 212 mk2. It will be awhile before I purchase Line 6 FRFR!  If I can't run the presets or either the podgo amps and or cabs, I would then be forced to use only the trem,distort, delays...etc.....Would someone please fill me in on what Pod Go can do for me with current setup mentioned above.......THANKS!!!!!

Hi Hankon6,

POD Go features an 'AMP OUT' that is meant to send directly to the input of your guitar amp. This output is designed to reflect the same output as the Main Outs, but it doesn't process any Cab/IR modeling; giving you the entire preset minus the cab. This works well on your amps cleanest preset. However, your amp is equipped with an Effects Loop, so you could send that signal directly to the 'Return' input, which bypasses your amps preamp. See below for a Real Panel view of POD Go for the 'Amp Out':

103336366_PODGoManual.thumb.png.1a14befb5251ef8deaec5e8228fb8892.png

For even more control of your sound, you can also run POD Go in 4-cable method with your Blackstar: 

979107966_PODGo4Cable.png.c6908c11cbe5c1673cef1c9fa20d28ad.png

Here is a link to the POD Go user manuals and cheat sheets for more info: https://line6.com/support/manuals/podgo    

• Like 1

Thanks NBELL! So are you saying.. I can use the preset in it's entirety less cab.  Appying amp sims in PODGO would work....?  How can the "cab" emulations in PODGO be applied by sending via PODGO to my Blackstar 2x12 speaker....and would the speaker color the cab emulation if it can be accomplished?

Thanks for your help!

I just picked up this unit today and have been trying to work the AMP OUT line.  When I went into GLOBAL SETTINGS and switched to turn off the cab IR's for this output it didn't just turn off the cab sim it kills everything in the chain from there on, which includes most of the effects.  The only way I can get the effects to work is if I MOVE the cab/ IR location to the very end.  I've got to be missing something.  This renders all of the presets useless unless I modify them all.  Also, does moving the cabinet/ IR to the very end of the chain affect the overall sound/ tone to the main outs?  It would be nice to just be able to turn off the cab sim to the AMP OUT without affecting the rest of the chain.

56 minutes ago, jster804 said:

I just picked up this unit today and have been trying to work the AMP OUT line.  When I went into GLOBAL SETTINGS and switched to turn off the cab IR's for this output it didn't just turn off the cab sim it kills everything in the chain from there on, which includes most of the effects.  The only way I can get the effects to work is if I MOVE the cab/ IR location to the very end.  I've got to be missing something.  This renders all of the presets useless unless I modify them all.  Also, does moving the cabinet/ IR to the very end of the chain affect the overall sound/ tone to the main outs?  It would be nice to just be able to turn off the cab sim to the AMP OUT without affecting the rest of the chain.

Yes, if you have AMP OUT set to Pre Cab/IR, it taps the signal right before the cab/IR block. So if you want all the effects in the chain, you'd have to move the cab/IR block to the end of the chain. Doing this means that any stereo effects you have will be summed to mono when they go through the cab/IR block. If you're not connected in stereo, it won't really make a difference. If you're running in stereo, yes, it would sound different.

It's really not technically feasible to do it any other way, as it would require additional audio processing. All the processing power of the chip is already accounted for in the DSP calculations built into the architecture of the unit. It would really limit the overall DSP capacity of the unit.

• Thanks 1

I have the same Blackstar 20W and have zero success for any sound. I have tried 4 cable to 3 cable and effects loop only with no results. I have moved the cab/ir to the end as described above. I do not understand why the POD GO will not work in the effects loop alone as do my standard pedals (Delay etc). Leaning towards returning the POD and staying with my pedals.

Okay - I overlooked a Global setting now set to Instrument and have sound! The bad is the the Line 6 GO Cab models have to be turned off. Is there a way to hook this POD up so that I can use the built in CAB models with this 20W HT MKII? If not I will have to choose between the Head or the POD Go.

Edited by Xtrm302
Update

12 hours ago, Xtrm302 said:

I have the same Blackstar 20W and have zero success for any sound. I have tried 4 cable to 3 cable and effects loop only with no results. I have moved the cab/ir to the end as described above. I do not understand why the POD GO will not work in the effects loop alone as do my standard pedals (Delay etc). Leaning towards returning the POD and staying with my pedals.

Okay - I overlooked a Global setting now set to Instrument and have sound! The bad is the the Line 6 GO Cab models have to be turned off. Is there a way to hook this POD up so that I can use the built in CAB models with this 20W HT MKII? If not I will have to choose between the Head or the POD Go.

I don’t understand what you’re asking. If you’re using the POD Go with an actual guitar cab, you wouldn’t want to use the POD Go’s cab models.

3 hours ago, phil_m said:

I don’t understand what you’re asking. If you’re using the POD Go with an actual guitar cab, you wouldn’t want to use the POD Go’s cab models.

Exactly! Being new at this I would not have bought this pedal without purchasing their PowerCab or considering a set of powered monitors so that I can use the internal Cabs/ all of its functions. IMO its 2 biggest features are the Pre Amps and Cabs. In the mean time, is there a way to turn off the POD Go cabs all at once?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Xtrm302 said:

Exactly! Being new at this I would not have bought this pedal without purchasing their PowerCab or considering a set of powered monitors so that I can use the internal Cabs/ all of its functions. IMO its 2 biggest features are the Pre Amps and Cabs. In the mean time, is there a way to turn off the POD Go cabs all at once?

Thanks!

if you use the amp out jack and set in the global options not to use the cabs, you won't get the cab sims even if they are active on the preset. 

otherwise if you use the main out you have to turn it off manually, for each preset.