Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Error while updating to firmware 1.11, Pod Go won't boot up...

grdGo33

Sigh...  I just tried to update the firmware of my unit and now it's not booting up...  Everything was going fine until it said "Error", turn off the Go power switch, etc., and after turning off the Go power switch, it doesn't boot up anymore...

• When I power on the unit normally I just get the Pod logo and nothing happens
  • When I connect the USB cable,  nothing happens

If I boot up the unit in 'update mode' (Page > button),

• I can hear the Windows USB device connected sound, but nothing happens. 
  • If I launch Pod Go Edit, it says "no device connected".
  • If I replug the USB cable, I get a device connected sound, but nothing happens in POD Go Edit, still "no device connected".
  • I tried a different USB cable, different port, same thing.

I tried  "start with the POD Go turned off, then flip on the power switch while holding down for 5-8 seconds: - C & D - Factory Restore (Restores all factory settings)", but nothing happens.  Stuck at Pod Go logo.  :\

What can I do?

[edit] ok I had found this article https://line6.com/support/page/kb/pod/pod-go/pod-go-failed-update-recovery-r944/ and it mentioned the Line 6 updater, it doesn't reference the Pod Go Edit 'updater', it refers to another application, trying that one...  Fingers crossed...

Yeah same thing with updater updating to 1.11...

Firmware Update Failed

An error has occurred. Please try again.

Please follow these steps when updating your Line 6 Product.

1. Turn the power switch off, then back on.

2. Ensure the USB cable is connected directly to your computer and not to a hub or peripheral such as a keyboard or mouse.

3. Click 'Continue' and attempt the update again.

Guess I'll try from another computer...  This is...  Stressful and quite annoying/disappointing...  :(

[edit] some info about POD Go recoveries here...  https://line6.com/support/topic/56008-pod-go-firmware-mishap/

This is infuriating...   I tried on another computer: Installed updater, launched Go in update mode, and it wouldn't even recognized the POD Go.  So much for that solution...

So I went back to my main PC.  The error message I posted above clearly has 3 steps to follow.  I repeated the steps like 5+ times, same result every time.  FAILED.  Seemed to fail almost instantly every time.  The original update failed, but it took maybe 20s and the status bar moved maybe to 40% something...  But it didn't even seem to get to 10% these last few times...

I then closed the updater, restarted the Go, started again the L6 Updater, and got this. 

updating.jpg.7861365b69fbafabf3630f3c172fd3a5.jpg

1104205430_2020-07-2117_22_39-C__temp_PodGo.png.8a3549539ad87d17455e0e6304c680c2.png

(So closing the updater is maybe a key step!)

Good...  But man, Line 6...  Come on...  This is not normal, and I'm certainly not the only person this happened to. 

Also, there should at least be the relevant links for recoveries in the threads about the new versions, or the downloads...   Otherwise, it's just an additional pain to find the relevant info and fix the issue. 

That was not fun.  :\

Just a regular PC (parts build), Windows 10, the other was a Dell laptop, also Win10, but I think the updater didn't work on the Dell because I only installed the Line 6 Updater.  I think it requires some of the files from the Pod Go Edit, or maybe the drivers with the  "Fixes a crash that would occur with Logitech's G HUB.".  Anyway, of course it doesn't mention any of those things so it shouldn't... But who knows at this point...

6 hours ago, grdGo33 said:

Just a regular PC (parts build), Windows 10, the other was a Dell laptop, also Win10, but I think the updater didn't work on the Dell because I only installed the Line 6 Updater.  I think it requires some of the files from the Pod Go Edit, or maybe the drivers with the  "Fixes a crash that would occur with Logitech's G HUB.".  Anyway, of course it doesn't mention any of those things so it shouldn't... But who knows at this point...

I update via Pod Go Edit - perhaps that's the difference?

Ah no!  I also updated with the Pod Go edit, but it failed and threw the error, then Pod Go Edit would not detect the Go anymore, even in update mode...  So only then did I start using L6 update software, which did recognize the Go, and was eventually able update and un-brick the unit!

1 hour ago, grdGo33 said:

Ah no!  I also updated with the Pod Go edit, but it failed and threw the error, then Pod Go Edit would not detect the Go anymore, even in update mode...  So only then did I start using L6 update software, which did recognize the Go, and was eventually able update and un-brick the unit!

Interesting...but just weird why some folk have no problems and others go through such aggravation. 

• 8 months later...

I did the update and it bricked my Pod Go like you all are saying. I have restarted a bunch of times but it won't start up and the Edit doesn't see it. Kind of bummed. :(

I recovered using the Line6 Updater found here https://line6.com/software/ 

and the instructions I found here 

Good luck out there!

• 3 weeks later...

"(So closing the updater is maybe a key step!)"

CLOSING THE UPDATER IS A KEY STEP..... I just did the same thing @grdGo33 did with reuploading like 5 times to no avail. I originally had 1.11, went to 1.21 and the update failed so I downloaded Line 6 Updater and each time I tried to download 1.11 again it would fail, but closing the Line 6 Updater software, turning off my pod go, turning it on and then immediately sending it to the updater setting (hold down the right page button) and then spinning up the Line 6 Updater did the trick! 

Not cool Line 6, very very tricky. I'll try updating over to 1.21 now that I know this trick and can unbrick the pod go now after an hour and a half of troubleshooting.