Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Complicated 7 cable method signal path

JakeMann35

hi guys,

I want to use my stomp with my boss es8 switcher. I already know a way to run the stomp in 4 cable using 2 loops on the switcher.  What i really want to know is, is 7 cable possible and i so how does the signal chain go in conjunxtion with the es8?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I've connected mine up but I don't think it's the best way to do it. It works but I get a huge volume drop. I'm also having problems separating the effects loop into individual loops which is driving me crazy!

Anyway this is how I did mine as I have a bit more time on my hands to tap tap this out!

Your going to need to take up 2 loops unless anyone can say different. On your ES-8 you can use any loops as yours can be moved anywhere.

So, out of your HX fx loop send go into to return of one the ES-8 loops.

Out of the send of the same ES-8 put go into the input of the HX.

Out of the HX's main output go to a return in a free loop in your ES-8.

Out of the same  loop in your ES-8 go into the HX fx loops return.

I don't know if this is the best way to do it but it works.

It's a bit of a balancing act with levels when you add the assign the HX's effect loop to on but it seems to work ok.

If anyone knows of a better way to do this feel free to add some info here!

OK I think I've had a eureka moment. I think this may be the best way to do it. I think the volume levels across patches should be more consistent without having to try and match them.

And it should free up 2 loops but the signal will go through the Stomp at all times. So it could be thought of as being more like the full fat helix as it has access to lots of extra loops.

Or at least that's the plan! Anyway as I'm not familiar with the ES-8's in and out's I'll take an educated guess at the connections but it appears to work just fine, at least at low levels as my kids are in bed!

So... 

From your amps "FX loop send" go to the "input" of the ES-8's time/mod based connection.

From the ES-8's "Out" where you have your time/mod based effects go to the Stomps "FX loop return"

From the ES-8's front of amp "send" go to the Stomps input.

The "send" from the Stomp's FX loop goes to the Amps "guitar input"

From the Stomps "main out" go to your amps "FX loop return"

Guitar "input" goes into wherever you plug your guitar into normally - ES-8 I'm guessing?

So for anyone reading this.

I re-jigged the connections around so that the Stomp goes before the switcher instead of the other way round still using the above connections respectively and it works very well! I had to

adjust the effects loop so either a "send or a return" instead of "FX loop L" as I found that when using the on board preamps, some of the signal seemed to be routed through the clean

channel of my amp which was weird instead of the amps FX loop return.

I now consider the 7 cable method or whatever it is conquered!