Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Use Pod Go Edit...! Plus suggestions for improvements!

grdGo33

I just started to use the Pod Go Edit software and boy does that make a huge difference...  My thought process was better start with just the unit itself, learn how to use it as is, and once I'm fairly familiar with how to use it properly on its own, then move on the to the Pod Go Edit.  But I think that was a mistake as honestly, editing patches with Go Edit is 10x better than directly on the unit...  Just having the list of amps, cabs, etc., with pictures makes a huge difference, especially with amps where there's 100+ different ones and scrolling to find one takes forever!  

So suggestion for improving POD Go:

1. Add an interface to show the effects/amps/cabs/etc., with pictures in a grid, for easy selection.  Ex:  If the amp select page was fullscreen and showed say 12 or 18 amps (2 or 3 rows of 6 amps) with the same pictures as Go Edit, and you could scroll through the next/previous 12 or 18 amps using the pages, man, that would be a HUGE plus for usability!  As is, scrolling through 100+ amps or dozens and dozens of cabs, effects, etc., is PITA!
  2. Fullscreen page for setting up amps, effects, etc.  If you could have 2-3 rows of parameters, and the page would select scroll from row to row, that would be a lot better than always showing the top chain, which you're not going to edit if you're editing a distortion, amp, cab, etc.  Seeing more parameters in one page would be a an improvement!
  3. Improve the min/max values...  It's quite a pain to setup...   Maybe simpler system like pressing one of the footswitch while turning the knob would assign min, and pressing the knob would change the color and assign max?  That way, it would be super simple to assign whatever value you wanted to whatever footswitch you wanted.

But yeah, man, if you're not using Pod Go edit, you're making yourself a huge disfavor!  It's so much faster and more enjoyable than fiddling on the unit itself!  But I think that with better UI, editing on the Go could be a lot more enjoyable!  #2 and #3 above would be nice to have, but the #1 is really essential IMHO to make editing on the unit itself a lot more practical!

• Upvote 1