Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor as Effects Loop with External Amp?

c_frederick

Is it possible to somehow send a DI track through the Helix Floor 1/4" Out, through some pedals (say, fuzz), into an external amp/cab, Mic that and bring it back into the Helix via the Mic In...but then somehow also take that fuzzed mic in signal from the external amp and then use the Helix's Sends/Returns as an effects loop for time-based/modulation effects?

Basically, the problem is my external amp doesn't have an effects loop...I want to re-amp through it, with external pedals, but I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to use the Helix as an effects loop in this way. 

I guess a hack might be to re-amp in 2 separate stages (first do the DI re-amp with Gain/Fuzz into the external amp, mic it, and bring it back in...second, re-amp that new track again to use the Send/Return loop for modulation) but I'm wondering if there's a routing that would enable this to be done in one go? Thanks

So something like Guitar -> Helix -> Loop 1 Send -> Amp -> Mic -> Microphone preamp (should be hardware preamp, not interface, otherwise latency) -> Loop 1 Return -> Time-based effects -> USB out for recording or analog outs to monitors? Sounds totally possible, but you will hear the amp every time you reamp.