Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go Can not delete any Preset

Jimi10

POD Go edit; "Clear" and "Cutk" do not work. The Preset is "greyed" but in the Edit Box the both tags are greyed, means they are not applicable.  How can I delete a preset? Via POD Go edit no chance, and I din´t find any action to do delete function on the POD itself.

If you really wanted to 'delete' the presets, you could probably save a 'new preset' or whatever the name of the empty preset is, and save it to all the presets using Pod Go Edit...  That would probably be the fastest way to get rid of the presets!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, woffles said:

This seems like a basic editing function.  Wonder why it isn't in there?  

No Line 6 processor has ever had a delete preset function. For one thing, you aren’t really ever deleting a preset. You’re just overwriting whatever’s in that slot. I guess the Helix kind of has a delete preset function, but it’s more like a troubleshooting thing than an editing function. If you hold down certain footswitches when powering up, it will clear the current preset. But this is really for the purpose of dealing with a corrupted patch more than anything.

9 hours ago, woffles said:

This seems like a basic editing function.  Wonder why it isn't in there?  

It isn’t there because it makes no sense when you’re dealing with a static memory space. The device has a fixed space of internal memory for a fixed number of presets. There are always exactly that many presets stored in memory so conceptually you can’t ‘delete’ one; it’s memory space remains.

What you can do is overwrite that preset space with a different preset definition that you consider to be an ‘empty’ preset. The New Preset that appears in the factory presets is an example of an empty preset.

10 hours ago, silverhead said:

It isn’t there because it makes no sense when you’re dealing with a static memory space. The device has a fixed space of internal memory for a fixed number of presets. There are always exactly that many presets stored in memory so conceptually you can’t ‘delete’ one; it’s memory space remains.

What you can do is overwrite that preset space with a different preset definition that you consider to be an ‘empty’ preset. The New Preset that appears in the factory presets is an example of an empty preset.

Yeah, just copied a blank preset and pasted it over the ones I wanted to remove.  After that I just dragged them back down out of the way.  Works just fine like that.  Still learning the interface.  New to this modeling stuff.

There really is no reason not to have a clear function for convenience. The Tonelab SE and LE edit software has a clear function and its useful for tidying up. Eg you import some patches, decide you don't like them, and just press clear to delete them. Don't understand why it's not in there as it's just basic functionality.   It's not a deal breaker as you can copy/paste 'New patch' but it's a clumsier approach. I'd be surprised if Line 6 doesn't add this in the next Pod Go Edit version.