Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - No Sound From Effects Loop and 4CM

puttz1337

Sorry if this issue has been discussed many times before. I've searched a bunch and cannot fix my problem.

I've got a brand new HX Effects and Orange Rocker 15 Terror with PCP112 Cab. Everything works great as a pedal board. If I connect everything through the effects loop only or the 4CM, I get no sound at all. Silence from both channels. Updated firmware. Quadruple checked the cables. Thanks in advance for the help.

13 minutes ago, puttz1337 said:

Possibly. Is the FX loop block under send/return section in signal flow?

I'm doing this with just the buttons built onto the board. Would connecting things to my PC make it smoother.

Thanks for helping.

Yes, the FX Loop block is under the Send/Return menu. If you go to Signal Flow View on

the unit, you should see it there. Blocks before it will be in front of your amp, and blocks after it will be in your amp’s loop.

One thing I just noticed is that you said you also get no sound with the HX Effects just in your amp’s loop. That seems to indicate that perhaps the amp’s effect loop isn’t active. Is there a way to activate or bypass it?

28 minutes ago, puttz1337 said:

The head is an Orange Rocker 15 Terror. I do not see a switch to activate or bypass the loop. There is a bedroom/headroom switch. But that just pushes the amp a bit harder at lower volume levels.

So just to double-check, how are you connecting the two in both scenarios?

Hi there, I too am a guy who has had issues getting sounds out of my HX Effects once I tried to use the 4 cable method and I limped along getting dribs and drabs of ideas and information, and I won't try to answer your question technically. But I do have a suggestion and it really helped me get my head around the editing features in the software HXEdit which seems to have a real dearth of instructional videos as it applies to HXEffects and us dummies who still think old school for signal chain. Peach Guitars HX effects punched into the search box on the Youtube site will bring you to a series of videos on using the software HXEdit with the HX Effects unit, and they are the best that I have found out there, and they are very easy to follow and underfstand. Jack, the guitarist explains things like the how and why to insert your amp into an effects block, then demonstrates in real time doing just that, then he configures the outputs so that you can once again hear your amplifier. Go check them out, specifically you need episode 3 or 4 (4 i think) to help you address the exact problem you are having, but I advise wathing the series right from the start to learn the basics. I was literally just thinking of posting a recommendation for those videos to the general users because they really really are helping me, lets see if they help you. Good luck!