ATGraham93

Connecting Cry Baby Wah to HX Stomp

Hi, I am having issues connecting my Dunlop Cry Baby Wah to my HX Stomp. I have seen that this can be done, but I might be missing something. When I connect the Cry Baby directly to the Stomp, and try to assign the Wah block to the expression/FS, it doesn’t seem to work. Anyone know if this is something that can be done? I am new to connecting additional pedals to my Stomp, so I might be missing something.

Thank you!

The Crybaby won’t work as an expression pedal for the Stomp. You could use it as a regular wash pedal by just putting it in between your guitar and the Stomp’s Guitar In if you like, though.

1 hour ago, ATGraham93 said:

Hi, I am having issues connecting my Dunlop Cry Baby Wah to my HX Stomp. I have seen that this can be done, but I might be missing something. When I connect the Cry Baby directly to the Stomp, and try to assign the Wah block to the expression/FS, it doesn’t seem to work. Anyone know if this is something that can be done? I am new to connecting additional pedals to my Stomp, so I might be missing something.

Thank you!

As Phil said, a wah pedal cannot function as an expression pedal... they are fundamentally different devices. And just to elaborate, if you choose to use the Cry Baby in front of the Stomp, get rid of the wah block from your signal chain... it won't do anything but use up DSP. Minus an expression pedal, you cannot use the Stomp's wah effects.