Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looper use with Helix

tictk65

I want my Boss RC50 Looper in a signal chain after the Helix.  Right now, I'm running the Helix straight into the mixing board.  If I put the RC 50 into the FX insert, when I change the preset in the Helix, it changes the sound of the loop, which is what I don't want.  I would like the RC 50 post Helix so that I can keep tracks from changing when I loop a different sound.  But the RC 50 doesn't have an xlr in and out where I can route straight into a mixing board.  Any suggestions?

14 hours ago, tictk65 said:

I want my Boss RC50 Looper in a signal chain after the Helix.  Right now, I'm running the Helix straight into the mixing board.  If I put the RC 50 into the FX insert, when I change the preset in the Helix, it changes the sound of the loop, which is what I don't want.  I would like the RC 50 post Helix so that I can keep tracks from changing when I loop a different sound.  But the RC 50 doesn't have an xlr in and out where I can route straight into a mixing board.  Any suggestions?

Just wanted to point out how clearly worded this post is!  Your issue totally makes sense, glad you have a solid answer.

I've been wondering about this sort of setup also, since the looper in the helix is inferior to even my $40 Ammoon mini looper (at least the Ammoon remembers your loop and undo history when powered off).  Please post here with any updates about how this works out for you, OP - I personally would like to know if it's worth investing in a slightly nicer looper since I'd only want to use it in the same way you are describing... otherwise it's not worth the price for me.

Cheers

Hi 

This works for me. I put my tc ditto x4 looper in a stereo fx loop at the end of my Helix signal chain. If I am switching presets I make sure it is in the same place on that preset. If I change sounds the recorded loop stays the same. 

I run the Helix out to a small mixer, I also run the output of my beatbuddy drum pedal to the mixer. It is clock synced to the ditto looper. Hours of fun. 

https://youtu.be/u9Lb5Ua6P_I